Chicago Fire FC Recognized with First Regional Emmy Nomination
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC has been nominated in the category of "Outstanding Achievement for Sports - Live Sporting Event - Single Game/Series" as a part of the 63rd annual Chicago/Midwest Regional Emmy Awards. This is the Club's first Regional Emmy nomination. Award recipients will be announced on December 5.
In the category of outstanding achievement in a live sporting event, Chicago Fire FC earned a nomination for the Club's broadcast of MLS Decision Day 2020 that took place on November 8, 2020. The other finalists in the category include two Marquee Sports Network productions (Chicago Cubs Game: May 26, 2021 and Chicago Cubs Baseball vs. Los Angeles Dodgers - 5/4/21 and 5/5/21) and Bally Sports Wisconsin (Milwaukee Bucks Basketball).
Individuals recognized include Tim Pabst (Co-Producer), Phil Mollica (Co-Producer), Tyler Terens (Play by Play), Tony Meola (Analyst) and Justin Hubler (Contributing Producer). The Club would also like to acknowledge and thank Andy Flesner and the team at Broadcast Service Group, Jhamie Chin, Tyler Emerick, Justyne Freud, Gina Fremouw and Christian Smith, all valued members of the CFFC broadcast team that contributed to this show.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 1, 2021
- Earthquakes Announce Roster Moves Ahead of 2022 MLS Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- Columbus Crew Announces End-Of-2021 Roster Decisions - Columbus Crew SC
- Sounders FC Announces Roster Decisions to Conclude 2021 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Five Points: One for the Family - New York City FC
- Toronto FC Announce Year-End Roster Decisions - Toronto FC
- LAFC Announces Roster Moves for 2022 Season - Los Angeles FC
- MNUFC 2021 End of Season Roster Update - Minnesota United FC
- Nashville Soccer Club's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year for Second Consecutive Season - Nashville SC
- Atlanta United Announces Year-End Roster Moves - Atlanta United FC
- Chicago Fire FC Recognized with First Regional Emmy Nomination - Chicago Fire FC
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Named MLS Defender of the Year - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Announce Roster Decisions Ahead of 2022 Season - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Orlando City Exercises Contract Options on 11 Players Following 2021 MLS Season - Orlando City SC
- Revolution Eliminated in Penalty Shootout by New York City FC - New England Revolution
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Goalkeeper Gabriel Slonina Called to U.S. Men's National Team for FIFA World Cup Qualifying Matches
- Chicago Fire FC Name Evan Whitfield as Vice President of Equity, Alumni Relations, and Engagement
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Roster for Preseason Training Camp
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Gastón Giménez Receives U.S. Green Card
- Chicago Fire FC Announce 2022 Preseason Schedule