LA Galaxy to Celebrate Juneteenth this Saturday, June 19 During Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC, Presented by Modelo
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy are set to celebrate Juneteenth, the American holiday which observes the end of slavery in the United States, this Saturday, June 19 when they host Seattle Sounders FC at Dignity Health Sports Park at 6 p.m. PT live on Spectrum SportsNet. Dignity Health Sports Park returns to hosting full-capacity crowds during the match vs. Seattle Sounders FC.
The club will have numerous matchday components to honor and commemorate the Juneteenth holiday on Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park. Additional match information, including information for fans in attendance, will be announced in advance of Saturday.
Community Partner of the Match - East Side Riders Bike Club
The LA Galaxy will recognize East Side Riders Bike Club as the Community Partner of the Match during Saturday's contest.
The East Side Riders Bike Club (ESRBC) is an all-volunteer, grassroots bicycle club founded in 2008. The purpose of the ESRBC is to prevent youth from joining gangs and/or taking drugs, but also engage youth who have a desire to enrich the community through recreational activities, specifically focusing on bicycle riding. Youth have been introduced to bike safety, healthy eating, active living, the importance of giving back to the community, and are able to participate in community riding events hosted by ESR.
For more information, visit www.esrbc.org.
Juneteenth Ticket Offer
The special ticket offer is available to Galaxy fans for Saturday's game, with a portion of all ticket revenue benefitting East Side Riders Bike Club.
Juneteenth Digital Content and Juneteenth Flag
The LA Galaxy will feature Juneteenth content on its various social and digital contest throughout the week and during the June 19 match. Dignity Health Sports Park will also feature the Juneteenth Flag on the stadium flag pole during the match..
Juneteenth Jersey Silent Auction
Game-worn jerseys from Saturday's contest will be auctioned off on Fanatics Authentic MLS Auction site within www.mlssoccer.com. Funds from the auction will be used to benefit East Side Riders Bike Club.
Black National Anthem - Lift Every Voice and Sing
LUVK, the recording artist, songwriter and fashion designer, will perform the Black National Anthem, Lift Every Voice and Sing, prior to kickoff of Saturday's match. Fans can find more about LUVK (pronounced Luck) here.
Hero of the Game, presented by San Manuel Casino
The LA Galaxy will honor Gladys Jones as the Hero of the Game prior to kickoff. Jones works at MLK Hospital in Willowbrook and has volunteered with East Side Riders Bike Club for the last 13 years, including during the COVID-19 pandemic in which she helped serve a portion of over 300,000 meals distributed by ESRBC.
Assistance League LA
Additionally, the LA Galaxy's supporters group coalition, Victoria Block, will be partnering with the Assistance League of Los Angeles to host a school supply drive to improve the quality of life for at-risk children in Los Angeles. All new school supplies can be dropped off at the Victoria Block tailgate behind Galaxy TV near lot 13.
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2021 Major League Soccer season at Dignity Health Sports Park are now available. LA Galaxy fans can click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive more information. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 15, 2021
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. LA Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for August 20 Home Match against San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Juneteenth this Saturday, June 19 During Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC, Presented by Modelo - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Darren Yapi to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC to Host Friendly Match vs. Club Tigres UANL on Tuesday, July 13 - Austin FC
- Rapids Midfielder Younes Namli Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Provides Schedule Update - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Time Change in Away Match against Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against Portland Timbers - Los Angeles FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time Changes for Timbers Matches against LAFC, Inter Miami CF at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Introducing Lower.com Field: Columbus Crew Announces Long-Term Stadium Naming Rights Partnership with Lower - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Blackout DRV PNK Stadium Match Presented by Publix on June 25 - Inter Miami CF
- New York City FC announces Juneteenth Match Day Programming and Continues Progress with 'Starting XI' Diversity & Inclusion Commitments - New York City FC
- Orlando City SC Signs Defender Thomas Williams as Club's 11th All-Time Homegrown - Orlando City SC
- Samuel Piette again an Ambassador for the Walk of Courage Jean-Pagé - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Fall on the Road to FC Dallas on Saturday Night
- LA Galaxy Battle Back to Earn 2-2 Road Draw at Real Salt Lake on Wednesday Night
- LA Galaxy Fall 2-1 on the Road to Vancouver Whitecaps FC at Rio Tinto Stadium on Saturday Night
- LIGA MX and TUDN Announce Sellout for Campeón De Campeones Match on July 18 at Dignity Health Sports Park
- LA Galaxy Sign Mexican International Midfielder Efrain Alvarez to Multi-Year Contract Extension