Rapids Midfielder Younes Namli Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery
COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -Â Colorado Rapids midfielder Younes Namli underwent a successful procedure on his left ankle on May 6 in Amsterdam. Namli will begin his rehabilitation, which is expected to last between 12-16 weeks, in the Netherlands before returning to Colorado.
"This is an unfortunate setback for Younes but we are pleased that the procedure has gone so well," said Pádraig Smith, Rapids Executive VP & GM. "With the break in the schedule it was the right moment for Younes to have this surgery and fix the ankle issue that has impacted him throughout the beginning of this season. We are optimistic that he will make a full recovery and rejoin the team in time to help push for another playoff berth."
Namil, 26, is in his second year with the Rapids. The Copenhagen, Denmark, native joined the club as a Designated Player in January 2020 and has two goals and four assists in 21 games. Namli started all four of his appearances this season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from June 15, 2021
- Earthquakes Announce Broadcast and Kickoff Time Changes for Road Match vs. LA Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for August 20 Home Match against San Jose Earthquakes - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy to Celebrate Juneteenth this Saturday, June 19 During Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC, Presented by Modelo - LA Galaxy
- Colorado Rapids Loan Darren Yapi to Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC - Colorado Rapids
- Austin FC to Host Friendly Match vs. Club Tigres UANL on Tuesday, July 13 - Austin FC
- Rapids Midfielder Younes Namli Undergoes Successful Ankle Surgery - Colorado Rapids
- Inter Miami CF Provides Schedule Update - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club Announces Time Change in Away Match against Inter Miami CF - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Away Match against Portland Timbers - Los Angeles FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Time Changes for Timbers Matches against LAFC, Inter Miami CF at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Introducing Lower.com Field: Columbus Crew Announces Long-Term Stadium Naming Rights Partnership with Lower - Columbus Crew SC
- Inter Miami CF to Host Blackout DRV PNK Stadium Match Presented by Publix on June 25 - Inter Miami CF
- New York City FC announces Juneteenth Match Day Programming and Continues Progress with 'Starting XI' Diversity & Inclusion Commitments - New York City FC
- Orlando City SC Signs Defender Thomas Williams as Club's 11th All-Time Homegrown - Orlando City SC
- Samuel Piette again an Ambassador for the Walk of Courage Jean-Pagé - Club de Foot Montreal
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Colorado Rapids Stories
- Acosta's Game-Winning Assist Leads USMNT to Concacaf Gold Cup Victory
- Takeaways: Payback in Austin, Homegrowns Give Added Layer of Depth
- Vines, Acosta, Lewis and Rest of USMNT Are Finals Bound After Defeating Qatar
- Rapids Make First Trip to Austin FC, Q2 Stadium on Saturday
- Welcome Back, Dom: Rapids Acquire Badji from Nashville