LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Montreal Impact 1 - Saturday, September 21, 2019
- The LA Galaxy earned a 2-1 win over Montreal Impact on Saturday evening at Dignity Health Sports Park.
- Through 31 games played, the Galaxy are now 15-13-3 with 48 points on the season.
- The LA Galaxy are now 4-1-3 all-time against Montreal Impact.
- At home, the Galaxy have gone 3-0-1 against Montreal.
- This year at home, the Galaxy have gone 11-4-1 in MLS play, including two consecutive wins.
- In those 16 home games, LA has scored 33 goals and allowed 21.
- The Galaxy are 12-1-1 this season when scoring the game's opening goal, and 3-12-1 when conceding first.
- When leading at halftime, LA are 7-2-1. They are 8-3-2 when tied at halftime.
- With a goal in tonight's contest, forward LA Galaxy forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic has now scored 27 goals during the 2019 MLS Regular Season, expanding on his club record for goals in a season.
- In all, Ibrahimovic has made 26 starts this season, scoring 27 goals and adding five assists.
- Since joining the club last season, the Swedish forward has made 52 appearances while recording 49 goals and 15 assists, including 15 game-winning goals and three game-winning assists.
- Midfielder Uriel Antuna scored the second goal of the contest, marking his fifth goal for the LA Galaxy.
- Antuna also tallied his fourth assist this season.
- Forward Cristian Pavon recorded his sixth assist this year. Pavon has now recorded an assist for the team in five consecutive games.
- The LA Galaxy will next travel to Utah to face Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium on Wednesday, Sept. 25 (6:30 p.m. PT; Spectrum SportsNet).
LA Galaxy 2, Montreal Impact 1
Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019 - 7:30 p.m. PT
2019 MLS Regular Season
Dignity Health Sports Park - Los Angeles
LA - Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Assisted by Uriel Antuna) 31'
MTL - Lassi Lappalainen (Assisted by Saphir Taider) 48'
LA - Uriel Antuna (Assisted by Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Cristian Pavon) 50'
LA - Jonathan dos Santos (caution) 29'
LA Galaxy: David Bingham; Julian Araujo, Daniel Steres, Diego Polenta, Dave Romney; Joe Corona (Servando Carrasco 90+1'), Jonathan dos Santos; Uriel Antuna (Efrain Alvarez 83'), Sebastian Lletget, Cristian Pavon; Zlatan Ibrahimovic ©.
Substitutions not used: Matt Lampson, Giancarlo Gonzalez, Jorgen Skjelvik, Emil Cuello, Chris Pontius.
Head Coach: Guillermo Barros Schelotto
TOTAL SHOTS: 25; SHOTS ON GOAL: 12; FOULS: 7; OFFSIDE: 5; CORNER KICKS: 7; SAVES: 2.
Montreal Impact: Evan Bush; Rod Fanni, Bacary Sagna, Daniel Lovitz, Rudy Camacho; Shamit Shome (Clement Bayiha 78'), Samuel Piette ©, Amar Sejdic (Mathieu Choiniere 68'), Saphir Taider, Orji Okwonkwo; Lassi Lappalainen.
Substitutions not used: Clement Diop, Zachary Brault-Guillard, Jorge Corrales, Victor Cabrera, Karifa Yao.
Head Coach: Wilmer Cabrera
TOTAL SHOTS: 14; SHOTS ON GOAL: 3; FOULS: 1; OFFSIDE: 3; CORNER KICKS: 5; SAVES: 10.
Referee: Kevin Stott
Referee's Assistants: Jeff Hosking, Chris Elliott
4th Official: Michael Radchuk
VAR: Edvin Jurisevic
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 22, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: FC Dallas 1 - 1 New York City FC - New York City FC
- Red Bulls Blank Second-Place Philadelphia, 2-0 - New York Red Bulls
- FC Dallas Earns a Point at Home against Top Eastern Conference Team - FC Dallas
- Timbers, Minnesota United FC Play to Scoreless Draw at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- MNUFC Climbs Back to Third with Point from Portland - Minnesota United FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update: September 23-29 - Chicago Fire
- Mexican National Team Tour Returns to DFW in March of 2020 with Match at AT&T Stadium & MexTour Live Concert & Fan Fest in Dallas - FC Dallas
- LAFC Ties Toronto FC 1-1 on Saturday Night - Los Angeles FC
- Impact Falls 2-1 to La Galaxy - Montreal Impact
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Montreal Impact 1 - Saturday, September 21, 2019 - LA Galaxy
- Toronto FC Clinches Spot in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs - Toronto FC
- Ten-Man Sporting Takes 3-2 Loss to Colorado - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Blanks Revolution in Scoreless Draw - Real Salt Lake
- Orlando City Falls 2-1 at Houston Dynamo - Orlando City SC
- Dynamo Rally for 2-1 Win over Orlando City SC - Houston Dynamo
- Orange and Blue secure a point in second shutout of September - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire Battles FC Cincinnati to 0-0 Draw at Nippert Stadium - Chicago Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy's November 4 Match vs. Seattle Sounders FC to Air Nationally on UniMas and TUDN
- Dignity Health Sports Park Campus to Serve as An 11-Day Los Angeles County Vote Center
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 1, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0 - Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Sigi Schmid Elected to United Soccer Coaches 2021 Hall of Fame Class
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, San Jose Earthquakes 4 - Wednesday, October 14, 2020