LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez and Defender Julian Araujo Called up by Mexican National Team for International Friendly against Chile
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy midfielder Efrain Alvarez and defender Julian Araujo were called up by the Mexican National Team for a friendly against Chile at Q2 Stadium in Austin, Texas on Wednesday, Dec. 8 at 6:00 p.m. PT.
Alvarez, 19, tallied two goals and three assists in 26 appearances (16 starts) for the Galaxy during the 2021 MLS regular season. The Los Angeles, Calif., native has made four appearances for the Mexican National Team since making his debut in a 1-0 win over Costa Rica on March 30, 2021.
Araujo, 20, who receives his first call-up to the Mexican National Team, registered career highs in games played (32), games started (32) and assists (7) for the Galaxy during the 2021 campaign. Notably, Araujo finished tied for fourth in the league in tackles won (54) and ranked 11th in the league in interceptions (56), as he was named an MLS All-Star for the first time in his career. Prior to FIFA's approval of his one-time switch to the Mexican National Team, Araujo tallied one assist in one appearance for the United States Men's National Team in a 6-0 win over El Salvador on Dec. 9, 2020.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 6, 2021
- Colorado Rapids to Launch 'Rapids 2' Team in MLS NEXT Pro - Colorado Rapids
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2022 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- In Quotes: Philadelphia Union 1-2 NYCFC - New York City FC
- NYCFC Announces Participation in MLS NEXT Pro's Inaugural Season - New York City FC
- Houston Dynamo 2 to Compete in New MLS NEXT Pro League Beginning in 2022 - Houston Dynamo FC
- MLS NEXT Pro Unveils 21 Clubs for Inaugural Season - Portland Timbers
- Columbus Crew Launches Developmental Second Team, Columbus Crew 2 - Columbus Crew SC
- FAQ: Rapids 2 and MLS NEXT Pro - Colorado Rapids
- Vancouver Will Join MLS NEXT Pro for Inaugural Season in 2022 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Chicago Fire FC to Participate in MLS NEXT Pro in 2022 - Chicago Fire FC
- San Jose Earthquakes to Compete in MLS NEXT Pro Inaugural Season - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC2 Joins MLS Next Pro for Inaugural Season - Minnesota United FC
- Five Points: A Taste of Success - New York City FC
- MLS NEXT Pro Unveils 21 Clubs for Inaugural Season - MLS
- Chicago Fire FC Signs Defender Miguel Navarro to New Contract - Chicago Fire FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign Brazilian Goalkeeper Carlos Coronel - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez and Defender Julian Araujo Called up by Mexican National Team for International Friendly against Chile - LA Galaxy
- Official Match Ball by adidas for 2022 Season to Debut at 2021 MLS Cup in Portland - MLS
- CLTFC Player Update: December 2021 - Charlotte FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy to Host Sacramento Republic FC in Quarterfinal Round of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- LA Galaxy Advance to Quarterfinals of Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 3-1 Win Over LAFC
- LA Galaxy Announce Time Change for May 29 Home Match against Austin FC
- LA Galaxy Fall to Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Sunday Night
- Limited Tickets Still Available for LA Galaxy's May 22 Home Match against Houston Dynamo FC