LA Galaxy Join 'Teams for LA' to Benefit the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES - LA Galaxy fans now have the chance to acquire Galaxy merchandise while supporting those impacted by COVID-19 in Los Angeles. Additionally, fans of many of Los Angeles' most popular professional sports franchises will now have the chance to acquire merchandise bearing their favorite team's recognizable logos and colors while also donating to the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles, it was announced today by Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti during his daily COVID-19 press briefing from City Hall.
AEG, the LA Clippers, LA Galaxy, LA Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, LA Sparks and Rank + Rally have joined forces to launch the TEAMS FOR LA ON-LINE SUPERSALE to sell logoed team merchandise, as well as classic merchandise from the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and the GRAMMY Awards, to benefit the Mayor's L.A. Emergency COVID-19 Crisis Fund. Proceeds from the website, www.teamlastore.com (direct link here), that launched today, support critical needs as they arise in our city - such as childcare and meals for the neediest, relief and counseling for frontline healthcare workers, critical healthcare equipment, and services for our homeless population.
The site, which will be updated regularly, will offer jerseys, hats, t-shirts, warm-ups, scarfs, bobbleheads and other specialty items bearing the current and classic logos of the LA Clippers, LA Galaxy, LA Kings, Los Angeles Lakers, LA Sparks, Ontario Reign and TEAM USA (basketball), as well as merchandise from high-profile events that have taken place in Los Angeles including the 2011 and 2018 NBA All Star Games, the 2017 NHL All Star Game, the Amgen Tour of California, memorable championship boxing events and music events such as the GRAMMY Awards and the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
"All of us in the Los Angeles sports community have been looking for additional ways to support the tremendous efforts of our City's leadership and to help those in our community that are most impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak," said Dan Beckerman, President and CEO, AEG. "Our collective donation of merchandise will provide our fans a way to show their ongoing support for their favorite teams while also contributing to help their fellow Angelenos in need."
In addition to the 30,000+ items offered at discounted prices, fans can also send gear through the site directly to local shelters and non-profits for those that need it most. All financial contributions will be donated directly to the Mayor's Fund.
Fans are encouraged to visit the site often as new items will be added as they become available as well as other ways to support those affected in our region.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 21, 2020
- LA Galaxy Join 'Teams for LA' to Benefit the Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles - LA Galaxy
- Sounders FC Players and Staff Take Part in Bloodworks Northwest Blood Drive this Friday at T-Mobile Park - Seattle Sounders FC
- FC Dallas and Toyota Partner to Deliver Meals to City House - FC Dallas
- 2020 Sounders FC Sports Science Seminar Presented by adidas Continues this Wednesday - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS Unites for Those in Need - MLS
- MLS Unites for Those in Need - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local Covid-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - Philadelphia Union
- Philadelphia Union & Philadelphia Union Foundation Launch "FIGHT FOR PHILLYÃ¢ÂÂ Campaign - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local Covid-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - Los Angeles FC
- Inter Miami CF and Captain Morgan Pledge An Initial Donation of at Least $55k to Mourning Family Foundation to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Efforts - Inter Miami CF
- Nashville Soccer Club and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - Nashville SC
- Seattle Sounders FC and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - Seattle Sounders FC
- D.C. United and Captain Morgan Team up to Help Local COVID-19 Relief Effort as Part of MLS Unites - D.C. United
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Name Kevin Hartman Director of the LA Galaxy Academy
- LA Galaxy to Host Drive-In Watch Party at the Rose Bowl Stadium on July 13 for Opening Match in MLS Is Back Tournament
- LA Galaxy to Feature Herbalife Nutrition and Dignity Health on Jersey Sleeves During MLS Is Back Tournament
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos to Miss MLS Is Back Tournament in Orlando Due to Injury
- LA Galaxy Add Juninho and Marcelo Sarvas to LA Galaxy Academy Coaching Staff