Knights Defeat the Black Bears, 4-2
PITTSON, Penn. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights defeated the Maryland Black Bears, 4-2. in their matchup on Saturday, January 11, at Revolution Ice Centre.
The Knights' record in regular season play improves to 18-14-2-1 (W-L-OTL-SOL).
The Knights had to overcome a two-goal deficit, as the Black Bears tallied their only goals of the game over the course of the first period.
Artur Turansky put the Knights on the board first with 9:57 left in the second period. Jordan Strand and Tyrone Bronte earned assists on the goal.
The Knights went on to secure the 4-2 victory with three goals in the third period.
Lincoln Hatten netted the Knights' second goal of the game off an assist from Bronte at just 5:03 of the final frame.
Four minutes and ten seconds later, Zak Currie scored on the power play with assists from Cadon Meyer and Johnny Kaljian.
Hatten went on to score an empty net goal with 58 seconds remaining to solidify the win.
Zach Stejskal played a full game in net and was credited with this 14th win of the season.
The Knights return to action on Friday, January 17, against the Jamestown Rebels at Northwest Arena.
Images from this story
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights forward Anthony Mastromonica
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 11, 2020
- Triumphant 3rd Period for Ice Wolves Leads to a Weekend Sweep - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Bulls Force Tie Atop South Division Standings with 5-1 over Odessa - Amarillo Bulls
- Three Game Sweep Complete; Bruins Melt Blizzard 7-4 - Austin Bruins
- Rough Third Period Dooms Jacks in Amarillo - Odessa Jackalopes
- Shreveport Defeats Corpus Christi Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Rebels Explode for 6 Goals, Snap Skid - Jamestown Rebels
- Tomahawks Fall to Rebels - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Black Bears Break Point Streak and Fall to Knights - Maryland Black Bears
- Knights Defeat the Black Bears, 4-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Wings Unable to Come All the Way Back After Slow Start Friday - Aberdeen Wings
- Knights Top the Black Bears in Overtime, 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Nordiques Roll Past Titans 7-2 - New Jersey Titans
- Ice Wolves Add to Brown Bears Struggles in the South - Kenai River Brown Bears
- IceRays Start Three-Game Weekend with Loss to Mudbugs - Corpus Christi IceRays
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.