Knights Fall to the Black Bears, 3-0
ODENTON, Maryland - The Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Knights fell to the Maryland Black Bears, 3-0, in their road matchup on Friday, Dec. 20 at Piney Orchard Ice Arena.
The Knights record in regular season play is now
The first period was scoreless for either team as Knights goaltender Zach Stejskal fended off 16 shots from Maryland, while the Knights recorded five shots.
The Black Bears took a 2-0 lead with two quick goals early in the second period, and would go on to carry that lead into the third period.
Maryland scored with with 5:17 remaining in the third period to take a three-goal lead and went on to record a shutout win against the Knights.
The Knights were outshot 42-20.
Stejskal played a full game in net and recorded a total of 39 saves.
The Knights return to action tomorrow, Dec. 21, for a rematch against the Maryland Black Bears at Piney Orchard Ice Arena at 7:45pm ET.
Images from this story
Wilkes/Barre-Scranton Knights defenseman Caydon Meyer
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 20, 2019
- Weekend Preview vs. AmarilloÃ¢ÂÂ¦again - New Mexico Ice Wolves
- Sertti Secures Sixth Straight Win in Overtime Thriller in Albuquerque - Amarillo Bulls
- Mudbugs Come Back to Beat IceRays 4-2 Friday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Chippewa Steel Take Down Ice Dogs in OT - Chippewa Steel
- Black Bears Dazzle in 3-0 Win over Knights - Maryland Black Bears
- Knights Fall to the Black Bears, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Wings Hit the Road for the Final Series of 2019 - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.