Knights Top the Rebels, 4-1
PITTSON, Penn. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights topped the Jamestown Rebels, 4-1, in their matchup on Sunday, January 5 at Revolution Ice Centre.
The Knights record is now 16-14-2-1 (W-L-OTL-SOL) in regular season play.
The Knights took a two-goal lead in the first period, with Johnny Kaljian striking first to put the Knights on the board with 4:15 left in the first frame. Anthony Mastromonica recorded an assist on the goal.
22 seconds later, Jordan Strand scored an unassisted goal to give the Knights' a 2-0 lead going into the second period.
Brian Smith doubled the Knights' lead to 4-0 with two goals in the second period, one with 9:24 left in the period and the second with 2:10 remaining. Beck Moore recorded an assist on both goals, while Shane Murphy and Tyrone Bronte also were credited with assists.
The Rebels tallied their first and only goal with 2:19 left in the third period, however they could not overcome the three-goal deficit.
Zach Stejskal played a full game in net and recorded his second victory of the weekend.
The Knights return to action on Friday, January 10, for a 7pm matchup with the Maryland Black Bears.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2020
- Odessa Swept by Lone Star in Three-Game Series - Odessa Jackalopes
- Up and Down - Minot Minotauros
- Knights Top the Rebels, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Green Tallies Two Goals as Pilots Sweep Jr. Blues with 4-3 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Hold on for Weekend Sweep - Aberdeen Wings
- Jackalopes Drop Second Straight to Lone Star - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mysak Nets Overtime Winner as Bruins Silence Bobcats, 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Bulls Blow Past Brown Bears for Weekend Sweep - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.