Bulls Blow Past Brown Bears for Weekend Sweep
Amarillo, TX - The Amarillo Bulls cruised to an 8-1 victory over the Kenai River Brown Bears, behind two-goal nights from three different players.
The Bulls fired out of the gate, scoring the opening goal of the contest just 1:05 into the period, as Matt Allen netted his 16th goal of the season. Shortly after, Gleb Murtizan would record his second goal in as many games to give Amarillo the 2-0 lead. The Bulls would take a 3-0 lead into the dressing room after Jordan Venegoni sniped his second powerplay goal in as many nights.
Peter Morgan would put the Brown Bears on the board with an early second period tally. Amarillo answered just over nine minutes later as Venegoni netted his second of the game on a shorthanded breakaway.
The third period saw the Bulls offense explode with four additional goals. Ty Black would score just 30 seconds into the period. Minutes later, Murtazin would net his second of the game. Amarillo would score a pair of quick goals when Allen and Nick Trela would score just 10 seconds apart, solidifying the 8-1 victory.
Charlie Glockner would stop 28 of 29 shots that he faced to earn his 11th victory on the season.
With the win, the Bulls are now 25-6-1-2 and hold 51 points and second place in the South Division. The team remains just two points back of the Lone Star Brahmas for the division lead.
The Bulls will remain at home on Friday, January 10, to take on the Odessa Jackalopes. Mark Shelley will broadcast the game from the Spicy Mike's Bar-B-Q Broadcast Booth, and the action will begin at 7:05PM CST on 107.1 Nash Icon and Hockey TV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2020
- Odessa Swept by Lone Star in Three-Game Series - Odessa Jackalopes
- Up and Down - Minot Minotauros
- Knights Top the Rebels, 4-1 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Green Tallies Two Goals as Pilots Sweep Jr. Blues with 4-3 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Wings Hold on for Weekend Sweep - Aberdeen Wings
- Jackalopes Drop Second Straight to Lone Star - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mysak Nets Overtime Winner as Bruins Silence Bobcats, 4-3 - Austin Bruins
- Bulls Blow Past Brown Bears for Weekend Sweep - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Bulls Stories
- Bulls Announce Events for Make-A-Wish Night
- Glockner Blanks Mudbugs as Bulls Complete Weekend Sweep
- Special Teams Shine as Bulls Down Mudbugs in Battle of the Bodies
- Bulls Outlast Mudbugs in Friday Night Dogfight
- Bulls Stumble Late as Mudbugs Rally in Third Period