Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, have traded the returning player rights to Billy Garrett and its 2019 NBA G League Draft second round pick to the Maine Red Claws in exchange for the returning player rights to Andrew White III. This trade is not subject to a physical.
Most recently, White III, 6'7, 210, competed with the New York Knicks' summer league team. Across four games, he averaged 3.8 points on 40-percent shooting, 0.8 rebounds and 0.3 assists in almost nine minutes.
Going undrafted in the 2017 NBA Draft out of Syracuse (2016-17), Nebraska (2015-16) and Kansas (2012-14), the forward spent the last two seasons with Maine, the NBA G League affiliate of the Boston Celtics, the Atlanta Hawks and then-affiliate Erie Bayhawks.
In 2018, White III signed a two-way contract with Atlanta. On February 14, he made his NBA debut, scoring a team-high 15 points in 17 minutes off the bench in a loss to Detroit. In 15 games with the Hawks, he averaged 4.6 points, 2.3 rebounds and 0.4 assists.
With the Red Claws last season, White III started 40 of the 50 games he appeared in averaging 12.9 points on 42.6-percent shooting, 3.8 rebounds, 1.0 assist, 0.5 steals and 0.3 rejections. Knocking down 2.4 triples a game, he shot 37.6-percent from downtown.
This past season, Garrett became the Westchester Knicks all-time leading scorer and earned his first NBA call-up with the New York Knicks. On July 25, following a summer league stint with the Phoenix Suns, Garrett signed a deal with French club Élan Chalon.
For its sixth season, the Knicks and first-year head coach Derrick Alston, will host Raptors 905 at the Westchester County Center Saturday, November 9 at 7:00 PM ET.
For information on season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from August 29, 2019
- RGV Vipers Announce Open Tryout - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III - Westchester Knicks
- Red Claws Acquire Rights to Billy Garrett, Jr. - Maine Red Claws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Receive Returning Rights to JJ Moore for Paul Watson
- Watson Leads G League Elite in Scoring in Four-Game Tourney
- Watson Named to USA's Elite Team for G League International Challenge
- Knicks Trade Returning Rights, Draft Pick for Andrew White III
- Westchester Knicks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule