Kamloops Blazers Add Darryl Sydor as Assistant Coach
Kamloops, BC - The Kamloops Blazers have announced the full-time addition of Darryl Sydor as an Assistant Coach for the remainder of the 2018-19 regular season and playoffs.
"We've been fortunate to have Darryl join our coaching staff on the ice for practices at different times throughout the season and excited that he will now be able join Serge and Dan on a regular basis for the remainder of the season," said General Manager Matt Bardsley. "His playing and coaching experience, along with his familiarity with our team, will be another great resource for our players and coaches as we prepare for the final stretch of the season and the goal of making the 2019 playoffs."
Sydor has an extensive playing and coaching background that started with the Kamloops Blazers as a player from 1988-1992. During Sydor's four seasons in Kamloops, he helped the Blazers win the 1990 and 1992 WHL Championship, the 1992 Memorial Cup and was selected in the 1st round, 7th overall in the 1990 NHL Draft by the Los Angeles Kings.
As a player in the NHL, Sydor played 1291 games with Los Angeles, Dallas, Columbus, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh and St. Louis. He collected 507 career points and won two Stanley Cups with the Dallas Stars in 1999 and the Tampa Bay Lightning in 2004.
Following retirement from his playing career, Sydor has spent the last eight seasons as an Assistant Coach in the AHL/NHL. He spent two seasons in the AHL with the Houston Aeros and Chicago Wolves and six seasons in the NHL with the Minnesota Wild and St. Louis Blues.
Sydor returned to Kamloops full-time this past summer. He resides with his wife Sharlene and four boys Braden, Parker, Dylan and Cooper.
For ticketing information, please contact Jim or David at 250-828-1144 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Images from this story
Kamloops Blazers assistant coach Darryl Sydor
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2019
- Tigers' Mads Sogaard named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - WHL
- Kamloops Blazers Add Darryl Sydor as Assistant Coach - Kamloops Blazers
- Kids Under 12 Get in for Free at Upcoming Family Day Game Presented by Ktunaxa Nation - Kootenay Ice
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kamloops Blazers Stories
- Quinn Schmiemann on NHL Central Scouting Final Rankings
- Blazers and Lajoie Mutually Part Ways
- Zary, Garand, Lang to Participate in Under-18 Training Camps
- Kamloops Blazers Sign Alex Kilba to a One-Day Contract
- Dr. Bob Smillie to Receive WHL Distinguished Service Award Friday, March 1 vs. Seattle