K.C. Hobson Returns to Lancaster
K.C. Hobson, one of the most productive hitters in Lancaster Barnstormers history, will rejoin the team for their upcoming series against the New Britain Bees, it was announced today by manager Ross Peeples.
Hobson, 27, will join the Barnstormers for the third time. Over the previous two seasons, in 161 games, the left-handed batting first baseman has clubbed 45 home runs and driven home 126 runs. He finished among the top five in the Atlantic League in long balls in 2016 and was leading the league in 2017 when his contract was purchased by the San Francisco Giants.
He was assigned to Class AA Richmond and batted .246 with 11 home runs and 35 RBI in 56 games last year. This season, Hobson was hitting .220 with three homers and six RBI in 18 games before parting company with the Giants. His last game was June 1.
"K.C. has been great when he has been here," said Peeples. "We hate that he got released, but are glad to have him back. He will be a nice addition to the middle of our order."
• Discuss this story on the Atlantic League message board...
Atlantic League Stories from June 12, 2018
- Equalizer Eludes Revs in One-Run Loss at Somerset - York Revolution
- 'Stormers Home Streak Comes to an End - Lancaster Barnstormers
- Patriots Edge Revolution 2-1 - Somerset Patriots
- Five-Run Fifth Leads Flock to Victory - Long Island Ducks
- Five-Run Fifth Powers Ducks Past Blue Crabs - Southern Maryland Blue Crabs
- K.C. Hobson Returns to Lancaster - Lancaster Barnstormers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.