Jordan Binnington, Stanley Cup Champion
Congratulations to Attack alumni Jordan Binnington on winning the Stanley Cup with the St. Louis Blues.
In the process, Binnington set a record for the most wins by a rookie goaltender with 16, a record that will never be topped. This is the second Championship Game 7 Binnington has won in his career, after a memorable 2011 run helping lead Owen Sound to the J. Ross Robertson Cup over Mississauga.
Congratulations also going out to former Attack strength coach Andrew Hopf, now a development and strength and conditioning coach for the St. Louis Blues.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 13, 2019
- Former Knights Etch Their Name in History - London Knights
- 2019 Steelheads Hockey Camp Registration Open - Mississauga Steelheads
- Firebirds Announce Affiliation with Leamington Flyers - Flint Firebirds
- Key Dates in 2019-2020 - London Knights
- Jordan Binnington, Stanley Cup Champion - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Matt Philip the Huron Tractor 'Milestone' Attacker of the Week
- Attack Can't Solve Dugas, Fall 3-1 to Frontenacs
- Late Comeback Earns Point in 4-3 OT Loss to Storm
- Late Comeback Not Enough for Attack in 8-5 Loss to Colts
- Attack & Law Enforcement Torch Run Team up to Raise Funds & Awareness for Special Olympics Ontario