Joliet Walks Past Boomers
SCHAUMBURG, IL - The Joliet Slammers drew 10 walks and held off the Schaumburg Boomers, grabbing a 6-4 win in the middle game of the series on Wednesday night at Wintrust Field.
Joliet jumped ahead early, scoring a run in the first but leaving the bases loaded. Schaumburg was able to tie the game in the bottom of the inning on an RBI single from Chase Dawson. Joliet added another run in the second and two in the third to open a 4-1 edge. Dawson singled home another run in the bottom of the third to bring the Boomers within 4-2. Both teams scored twice in the eighth to account for the final. Matt Bottcher notched a two-run single for the second straight night for the Boomers but the Joliet bullpen closed the door for the victory.
Andrew Dean suffered the loss for the Boomers, working two innings. Schaumburg used four relievers in the game including a 3.2 inning effort from Isaiah Rivera. Dawson finished with three hits as the Boomers totaled eight. Angelo Gumbs added a pair of hits.
The homestand will come to a close on Thursday afternoon with a special 12:05 p.m. contest. The Boomers (6-7) will send RHP Orlando Rodriguez (1-1, 4.97) to the mound against RHP Cam Aufderheide (0-1, 2.70) in the rubber game of the series. Visit boomersbaseball.com for tickets and information or call 847-461-3695.
• Discuss this story on the Frontier League message board...
Frontier League Stories from June 9, 2021
- Crushers Drop Middle Game - Lake Erie Crushers
- Joliet Walks Past Boomers - Schaumburg Boomers
- Two Big Innings Hurt Otters in Loss to Y'alls - Evansville Otters
- Boulders Grab Midweek Opener from ValleyCats - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Wild Things Take Middle Game - Washington Wild Things
- Two Big Innings Propel Florence Past Evansville - Florence Y'alls
- Rapp's Strong Start Helps Boulders Get back to Winning Ways - New York Boulders
- Former Major Leaguer Todd Frazier Expected to Join Miners - Sussex County Miners
- Crushers Win Opener at Gateway - Lake Erie Crushers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.