Jakob Breault Named Central Division Star of the Week, Mack Byers Named 2nd Star
The North American Hockey League (NAHL) today announced the Divisional Stars of the Week presented by Bauer Hockey for the week ending January 19, 2020. The Divisional Stars of the Week is a weekly feature during the 2019-20 regular season that honors the top performing players in each of the four NAHL divisions. Only players that are nominated by their respective teams are considered for the Divisional Players of the Week award.
Central Division Star of the Week: Jakub Breault, Forward, Aberdeen Wings
The Aberdeen Wings continued their winning ways this weekend as they widened their division lead to 10 points with a weekend home sweep of the St. Cloud Blizzard and a shootout win over Minot on Tuesday. Forward and Alaska-Fairbanks recruit Jakub Breault, 20, played a big part in all three wins as the 5'11/180 lbs. native of Acton Vale, Quebec, totaled eight points during the week, which included three goals and five assists. On Tuesday, Breault had two assists in a 4-3 shootout win in Minot. On Friday, he had a goal and assist in a 4-1 win against the Blizzard. On Saturday, he had two goals and two assists in a 6-2 win over the Blizzard. For the season, Breault currently leads the Wings in scoring with 44 points in 37 games played. "Jakob's been an outstanding leader for us. He possesses high-end vision and play making skills, while working each night with passion and consistency. Jakob is looked upon to bring us strong offense and this past week showed his ability," said Wings head coach Scott Langer.
2nd Star: Mack Byers, F, Aberdeen Wings
Honorable Mention (alphabetical): Nik Armstrong-Kingkade, F, Minot Minotauros - Tyler Bost, G, St. Cloud Blizzard - Carl Fish, D, Bismarck Bobcats - Hugh Larkin, F, Austin Bruins - Josef Mysak, D, Austin Bruins - Jayden Price, F, Bismarck Bobcats - Dan Russell, F, Minot Minotauros - Bram Scheerer, F, Minnesota Wilderness - Garrett Worth, F, Minnesota Wilderness
Images from this story
Aberdeen Wings forward Jakob Breault
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Jakob Breault Named Central Division Star of the Week, Mack Byers Named 2nd Star - Aberdeen Wings
- Brahmas Down Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jeffers Named NAHL's East Division Star of the Week While Machlitt Is Honorable Mention - New Jersey Titans
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Bidding Now Open for Titans Military Jerseys Auction - New Jersey Titans
- Black Bears Trade for Forward Jack Smiley from the Shreveport Mudbugs - Maryland Black Bears
- Wilderness Announce 2020 Cancer Awareness Weekend with St. Luke's - Minnesota Wilderness
- St. Luke's Night in Proctor for Cancer Awareness Weekend - Minnesota Wilderness
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.