Brahmas Down Bugs
The Shreveport Mudbugs (27-13) couldn't beat goalie Cayden Bailey and fell to the Brahmas, 2-0 on MLK Day at the Nytex Sports Centre.
The Brahmas opened up the scoring at 9:48 of the 1st period as Eric Huss poked home a rebound in front to give Lone Star the early 1-0 lead. Shreveport out-shot Lone Star 7-5 in the 1st period, but couldn't solve Cayden Bailey in net on a few good scoring chances.
Both teams traded scoring chances in the 2nd period, but neither team was able to light the lamp. The Bugs led in SOG, 16-13 after two periods of play and continued to dictate a lot of the play in the game. Though a big blow was dealt as Ryan Dickinson took a 5 minute major penalty and a game misconduct after a head contact call in his own end.
The Bugs put a late push, but squandered a four minute powerplay chance midway through the 3rd period which gave Lone Star all the momentum back to finish the game ahead. The Bugs puled Richie Parent for an extra attacker, but a tough bounce went against Shreveport and led to Matt Guerra sliding home an EN goal at 19:46 sealing up a 2-0 victory for the Brahmas.
Shreveport drops just their second game in their last nine.
The Mudbugs will have next weekend off before facing off against the Odessa Jackalopes for a two-game series Jan. 31st and Feb. 1st from Ector County Coliseum. Puck drop scheduled for 7:15 p.m. for both contests. â
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2020
- Jakob Breault Named Central Division Star of the Week, Mack Byers Named 2nd Star - Aberdeen Wings
- Brahmas Down Bugs - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jeffers Named NAHL's East Division Star of the Week While Machlitt Is Honorable Mention - New Jersey Titans
- NAHL Announces Divisional Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Bidding Now Open for Titans Military Jerseys Auction - New Jersey Titans
- Black Bears Trade for Forward Jack Smiley from the Shreveport Mudbugs - Maryland Black Bears
- Wilderness Announce 2020 Cancer Awareness Weekend with St. Luke's - Minnesota Wilderness
- St. Luke's Night in Proctor for Cancer Awareness Weekend - Minnesota Wilderness
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.