Jaeger Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Saver of the Week
FRESNO, Calif. - Fresno Falcons goaltender Brett Jaeger has been named the ECHL's Reebok Hockey Saver of the Week for the week of Oct. 31 - Nov. 6. The honor comes on the heels of Falcons left winger Luke Curtin garnering the league's InGlasCo Player of the Week award the previous week.
Jaeger led Fresno to two shootout victories last Friday and Saturday against the Stockton Thunder and Long Beach Ice Dogs, respectively. The second-year netminder stopped a combined 63 of 66 shots against, totals that gave him a 1.38 goals against average and .955 save percentage for the week. His performance during Saturday's 2-1 shootout victory against the Ice Dogs was especially impressive, as he stopped 35 of 36 shots through regulation and overtime before thwarting all four Long Beach skaters he faced in the shootout. On the season, Jaeger is 4-1-1 with a 2.73 goals against average and .915 save percentage.
Last week was a banner week for Falcons goaltenders both past and present. Jamie Holden, who began this season in Fresno and won his first professional start before getting called up to the American Hockey League's Cleveland Barons, went a perfect 3-0-0 last week with a 1.62 goals against average and .952 save percentage to earn the AHL's Player of the Week.
Replacing Holden on the Falcons' roster is Mike Brown, who followed-up Jaeger's two victories by winning his first professional start when he made 31 saves during the team's 6-2 win against the Bakersfield Condors on Sunday.
And in the National Hockey League, former Fresno netminder Nolan Schaefer began his NHL career with five straight victories, all in overtime or a shootout, before finally dropping his first decision over the weekend. Schaefer appeared in 12 games with the Falcons during the 2003-04 season before receiving a permanent call-up to the Barons.
The Falcons look for their fourth straight victory tonight when they face-off against the Las Vegas Wranglers at The Orleans Arena in Las Vegas. Fresno currently resides in first place in the ECHL's Pacific Division following their three victories against three different division foes this past weekend.
After tonight's game, the Falcons return home for a pair of games at Save Mart Center this Friday and Saturday against the Utah Grizzlies and San Diego Gulls, respectively. Single-game tickets for both games are on sale now at all Ticketmaster outlets and Save Mart Center's box office. Prices range from $8 - $23. For complete ticket information and an arena map of Save Mart Center, visit www.fresnofalcons.com/singletickets.html, or contact the Falcons front office directly at (559) 485-PUCK (7825).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 8, 2005
- Jaeger Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Saver of the Week - Fresno Falcons
- Condors Acquire Big Defenseman Little - Bakersfield Condors
- Venedam Named Runner-Up for ECHL Player of the Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Turon Recalled to Toronto and Cavanagh Waived - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Blades Beat Rays In OT 5-4 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Everblades win fourth straight, beat the Stingrays in OT - Florida Everblades
- Home Opener just two days away - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Wranglers deal Bergin to Florida, Edwardson returns - Las Vegas Wranglers
- America One Televises ECHL Game of the Week - ECHL
- Falcons' Jaeger Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Phoenix s Ouellet Fined, Suspended, RoadRunners Coach, Organization Fined - ECHL
- 'Blades acquire Bergin from Las Vegas - Florida Everblades
- Hodge Named ECHL Player of the Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Storm Send Collins To Dayton - Toledo Walleye
- Nailers' Hodge Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Military Appreciation This Weekend - Johnstown Chiefs
- Falcons activate Brad Both - Fresno Falcons
- The Gladiators announce the Light the Lamp Charity Program - Atlanta Gladiators
- Coaches Show at Cadillac Jacks Tonight - Dayton Bombers
- Grrrowl send two more to NHL - Greenville Grrrowl
- 'Blades shuffle roster - Florida Everblades
- Former Lynx Jay Leach makes NHL debut - Augusta Lynx
- Morrison Is 274th ECHL Player To Play In NHL - ECHL
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Stingrays Weekly - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mike Brown sent from Providence - South Carolina Stingrays
- Ice Pilots win first game - Pensacola Ice Pilots
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.