Jackals Plate Six in Ninth, Win against Sussex.
One day after taking a tough loss to the in-state rival Sussex County Miners at Yogi Berra Stadium, the New Jersey Jackals were back in action on Thursday morning in game two of the series; and the first leg of a day-night double header.
With games two and three being played at Skylands Stadium, the Jackals took game two of the series, 8-2.
Behind a strong outing from starting pitcher Dylan Brammer, the Jackals rallied for six runs in the ninth inning to take the lead and bust the game wide open.
Center fielder Jayce Ray opened the scoring in the bottom of the first with a solo home run, his first of the year to give the Miners a 1-0 lead.
In the fourth, center fielder David Harris tied the game at one with an RBI single to score left fielder Connor Hofmann.
Sussex County regained the lead in the bottom of the sixth when shortstop Jared Mederos hit an RBI single to put the Miners on-top, 2-1.
But, like in game one of the series, the Jackals responded in the top of the eighth.
Hofmann scored on a passed ball with Harris at the plate that tied the game at two.
Brammer then finished the eighth inning to cap off an exceptional start, going eight innings while along three hits and two runs; and striking out six with four walks.
The top of the ninth saw the Jackals plate six runs.
RBI singles by catcher Andy Mocahbee, shortstop Carlos Triunfel and Harris gave the Jackals the 6-2 edge.
Later, second baseman Seth Spivey grounded out to score Triunfel, followed by designated hitter Daniel Canela's RBI double to finish the rout at 8-2.
The Jackals evened the series at a game a piece and now wait for the second game of the double header.
First pitch is scheduled for Thursday, June 7 at 7:05 at Skylands Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian American League message board...
Canadian American League Stories from June 7, 2018
- Can-Am League Game Recaps - Can-Am
- Quebec Outlasts Ottawa to Take Series - Ottawa Champions
- Hernandez, Bullpen Shut out Miners, 3-0 - New Jersey Jackals
- Boulders Down Aigles 7-5 - Rockland Boulders
- Can-Am League Game Recap - Can-Am
- Jackals Plate Six in Ninth, Win against Sussex. - New Jersey Jackals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New Jersey Jackals Stories
- Host Families Needed
- Montclair Foundation Grant Allows Expanded Free Programming for Military Veterans at the Yogi Berra Museum
- Former NY Knicks Star Appearance Kicks off New Exhibition
- Yogi Berra Museum to Host Free Veterans Resources Fair
- This Saturday: The Yogi Berra Stadium Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival