Jackalopes Weekly Update
ODESSA, TX - By winning two of their three games this weekend, and losing the other in overtime, the Odessa Jackalopes earned five of a possible six points in the standings to jump into fifth place in the CHL's Berry Conference.
Last week's record: 2-0-1
Overall record: 12-13-2
Friday vs. Laredo, 7-4 Win
Darryl Bootland scored a pair of goals while Kenny Corupe, Jeff Pierce, and Todd Robinson each recorded three-point games in the Jacks win over Laredo. Joel Martin made 31 saves in net for Odessa. The win gave the Jacks a 3-2 lead in the season series vs. the Bucks.
Saturday at Texas, 4-3 Win
Dave Van Drunen, Jeff Pierce, Kenny Bernard, and Darryl Bootland all scored first period goals for the Jackalopes, and the lead held up the rest of the way in Odessa's 4-3 win. Joel Martin put together a 31-save performance for the Jacks to preserve the win.
Sunday at Tulsa, 3-2 (OT) Loss
Todd Robinson scored two goals to jumpstart Odessa to a 2-0 lead midway through the second period. The Oilers fought back to force overtime where Derek Eastman scored a shorthanded, game-winner just 46 seconds into the extra frame.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Sunday vs. Texas, 4:05 PM
The Jacks and Brahmas are back at it for the fourth time this season. The Jackalopes are 1-2-0 this year against the Brahmas, but have only been outscored 15-12 in the series. Odessa is currently one point ahead of Texas in the Berry Conference standings.
NOTES FOR THE WEEK
Sebastien Thinel (44) and Todd Robinson (43) continue to roll along as the top two point scorers in the CHL.Robinson's two goals Sunday at Tulsa put him four away from 300 in his pro career.Jeff Pierce's goal at Texas on December 17th was the 150th point of his pro career - all with the Jackalopes.Kenny Corupe is one point away from 450 in his pro career.Sebastien Thinel needs three assists for 400 in his career as a pro.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from December 20, 2010
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mavericks Weekly - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Tomas Klempa Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Rio Grande Valley's Tomas Klempa Named Oakley CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- RiverKings Weekly - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks, Bees Battle Again Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- $5 Tickets to Bucks Game Wednesday - Laredo Bucks
- Weekend Wins Snaps Three-Game Skid for Gems - Dayton Gems
- Killer Bees Weekly - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Home For The Holiday - Tulsa Oilers
- Komets Home for the Holidays - Fort Wayne Komets
- Thunder Wins One, Drops Two - Wichita Thunder
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.