Islanders Jump Back in the Saddle Tonight against Mooseheads
Coming off the heels of a tough overtime loss, the Charlottetown Islanders look to rebound right away with a matchup against the Halifax Mooseheads at the Eastlink Centre at 7:00pm.
The Islanders came out flying last night, holding a one-goal lead early in the third period; however, Mika Cyr would tie the game in the third for Moncton and Eliot Desnoyers would score the overtime winner.
Thomas Casey scored both goals for the Islanders, while Cedric Desruisseaux recorded his first point as an Islander with an assist on the second goal.
Charlottetown will remain without forward Nikita Alexandrov today. The St. Louis Blues prospect is still recovering from a shoulder injury sustained during the Blues' prospect tournament.
Halifax, meanwhile, is coming off of a loss of their own to the Saint John Sea Dogs. Edmonton Oilers prospect Raphael Lavoie recorded a goal and an assist in the loss, while Alexis Gravel made 21 saves in defeat.
The Mooseheads are still playing shorthanded, as Benoit-Olivier Groulx remains at Anaheim Ducks training camp and Jared McIsaac is still recovering from offseason shoulder surgery.
Last season, the Mooseheads controlled the season series between the two teams, winning seven out of nine games in 2018-2019. The Isles will look to reverse that trend this season and get back to their winning ways against their Maritime Division rival.
Don't miss a second of the exciting action tonight! Tickets are still available at the Eastlink Centre box office, by phone at 902-629-6625, or online at https://boxoffice.eastlinkcentrepei.com. Today is also Cyber Saturday! Use online promo code "2003" to get your ticket for the same price as a PEI Rocket ticket in 2003. Can't make it to the game? Catch all the action with George Matthews and Cory Arsenault on Fair Isle Ford Isles Radio on Ocean 100!
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from September 21, 2019
- Young Dogs Shine in 4-3 Win over Wildcats - Saint John Sea Dogs
- Eagles Dump Titan to Sweep Weekend Series - Cape Breton Eagles
- Islanders Jump Back in the Saddle Tonight against Mooseheads - Charlottetown Islanders
- Casey Scores Twice, But Isles Lose in Overtime to Wildcats - Charlottetown Islanders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Trio of Islanders Listed on NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary List
- Goobie Stands Tall as Isles Keep on Winning against Wildcats
- Islanders Look to Keep Good Times Rolling against Wildcats
- Penalty Kill Comes up Big as Isles Defeat Sea Dogs in Home Opener
- Isles Finally Hit Home Ice Tonight against Sea Dogs