Iowa Wolves Drop Series Finale to Motor City
DETROIT - The Iowa Wolves dropped the series finale to the Motor City Cruise by a score of 105-97 on Monday night at the Wayne State Fieldhouse.
Iowa (4-2) turned a nine-point halftime deficit at 59-50 into an 89-85 lead with 6:45 to play in the game after McKinley Wright IV converted a three-point play. Wright scored a game-high 23 points and added five rebounds and five assists.
Motor City (5-4) countered with a 9-0 scoring run as the Wolves could only pull within three points the rest of the game as the Cruise answered each time to keep it a multiple possession game. Derrick Walton Jr. led Motor City in scoring for the second-straight game with 22 points on Monday night.
Isaiah Miller and Vince Edwards had 18 and 14 points, respectively, off Iowa's bench, which outscored Motor City's, 39-26. Chris Silva recorded his first double-double of the season with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Matt Lewis chipped in 12 points.
As a team, Iowa made just 7-of-26 from beyond the arc while Motor City made 13-of-38. The Wolves made 13-of-14 at the free throw line but struggled with turnovers with 24.
Iowa will play back-to-back road games at the Cleveland Charge on Dec. 6 & 7. Both games will start at 5 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 29, 2021
- Iowa Wolves Drop Series Finale to Motor City - Iowa Wolves
- Maine Sweeps Knicks for Fifth Straight Win - Maine Celtics
- Clips Snap Losing Streak Behind Boston's Career Night - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Boston Jr.'s 46 Points Lifts Clippers Past Stars - Salt Lake City Stars
- Skyforce Set to Host Hometown Heroes Night - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Go-Go Use Big Second Half to Top Skyhawks - Capital City Go-Go
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.