Intimidators Announce 2012 Schedule
KANNAPOLIS, N.C. (August 18, 2011) - The Kannapolis Intimidators, the Class A Affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, have announced their schedule for the 2012 South Atlantic League regular season, marking the organization's 18th year of professional baseball in the community and 12th year under the "Intimidators" banner.
Kannapolis opens the 2012 campaign at home at Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium on Thursday, April 5 against the Hickory Crawdads. The Intimidators will play the Crawdads 22 times in 2012, more than any other team, including 12 games at The Cannon. The Intimidators face the Delmarva Shorebirds 21 times next season, including 10 games at home.
The 140-game season will again be divided into halves with the South Atlantic League All-Star Break (June 18-20) to serve as the season's midway point. Kannapolis will play 70 home games and 70 road games in 2012. The Intimidators will welcome 12 of the other 13 teams to The Cannon in 2012, the lone exception being the Asheville Tourists, the only team Kannapolis will not play at all in 2012.
Fans are invited to join the Intimidators during 2012 on 24 different Friday and Saturday night games, and the Intimidators will also be home on Memorial Day (May 28), Independence Day (July 4), and Labor Day (September 3), the final day of the regular season.
The franchise moved to town in 1995 as the Piedmont Phillies, an affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies, and spent the 1996-2000 seasons as the Piedmont Boll Weevils before changing Major League affiliates and becoming the Kannapolis Intimidators for the 2001 season. The Intimidators have served as a White Sox affiliate since 2001 and last summer extended the organization's player development contract with Chicago through the 2014 season.
Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium is located off I-85 at exit 63. For ticket information, please call the Intimidators box office at (704) 932-3267 or visit the team's website at www.IntimidatorsBaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from August 18, 2011
- All Intimidators After First Standoff in Kannapolis - Hagerstown Suns
- Rodriguez's Relief Leads to 9-6 Win - Augusta GreenJackets
- Shorebirds Two-Hit Power in 3-2 Game One Win - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Intimidators Bats Block out the Suns - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Lakewood Wins 4th Straight - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Sting RiverDogs, 9-6 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Power Muster Just Two Hits in Loss - West Virginia Power
- Drive Drop Pair to Sand Gnats as Crucial Series Begins - Greenville Drive
- Thursday's Game Suspended, Doubleheader Friday - Hickory Crawdads
- Legends Rained out in Hickory - Lexington Legends
- Shorebirds Game Notes: at West Virginia - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Gnats Game Notes: Thursday, August 18 at Greenville - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Power Game Notes - West Virginia Power
- Tourists to Host Ray Hathaway Night on Saturday, August 20 - Asheville Tourists
- Intimidators Announce 2012 Schedule - Kannapolis Intimidators
- 'Swat the Sand Gnats' Bus Trip Set for Saturday, - Charleston RiverDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kannapolis Intimidators Stories
- I's Earn First Sweep of Season
- McClure Dazzles on the Mound as Intimidators Extend Win Streak to 3 Games
- Frost's Three-Run Shot Lifts I's over Greenville
- I's Use Big First Inning to Run by Greenville, Win 8-3
- I's Fall to Augusta 5-1 to Cap off Their 7-Game Road Trip