Inland Empire 66ers to Delay Season Start
San Bernardino, CA - As of March 12, 2020, Major League Baseball has suspended the remainder of Spring Training while both MLB and MiLB will delay the start of the 2020 season due to national emergency created by the COVID-19 Pandemic. As an affiliate of a Major League Baseball Club, this decision will impact the start of the Inland Empire 66ers 2020 season. The safety of our fans, players, and employees is of the utmost importance to the 66ers and we fully support Major League Baseball's and Minor League Baseball's decision. We will be closely monitoring any new guidance from Major League Baseball, Minor League Baseball, and San Bernardino County and City Health officials. As we receive more information regarding suspended play and how that fully impacts the 66ers 2020 season, we will make those details available.
• Discuss this story on the California League message board...
California League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Inland Empire 66ers to Delay Season Start - Inland Empire 66ers
- Start of 2020 Quakes Season Delayed - Rancho Cucamonga Quakes
- San Jose Giants COVID-19 Statement - San Jose Giants
- Minor League Baseball to Delay 2020 Season - Stockton Ports
- Visalia Rawhide Monitoring COVID-19 Developments - Visalia Rawhide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inland Empire 66ers Stories
- Storm Makes It Two Straight over 66ers in San Bernardino
- Robinson Pina Dazzles But Storm Come Back to Down Inland Empire
- Inland Empire Salvages Split of Series at Visalia with Shutout
- Sixers Fall to Rawhide in Game of Missed Opportunities
- Visalia Makes It Two Straight over Inland Empire