Indy Hops off with 2-1 Win in Extras
INDIANAPOLIS - Eric Wood roped a single through a drawn-in infield with the bases loaded to give the Indians a 2-1 win in 11 innings over the Bats on Easter Sunday. Trayvon Robinson hit a game-tying triple in the 10th to prolong the game one inning further.
The Indians (10-6) completed their 10-game homestand in dramatic fashion. The Tribe and Bats (8-10) traded zeroes through the first nine innings until Phillip Ervin put the visitors in front with a sacrifice fly in the 10th. Indy wasted little time to tie the game in the bottom half as Robinson laced his league-leading third triple to the right-center alley, scoring Alfredo Reyes from second base. The walk-off winner was delayed one inning, however, as Bats shortstop Blake Trahan cut down Robinson trying to score to send the game to the 11th.
Tyler Lyons (W, 1-0) tossed a scoreless inning to tee up Wood's walk-off hit that followed two walks issued by Jesus Reyes (L, 0-1).
Indians starter Mitch Keller dazzled over 6.0 shutout innings, scattering two hits and three walks with a season-high eight strikeouts, the most by a Tribe hurler this season. Bats starter Keury Mella matched Indy's ace pitch-for-pitch, tossing 7.0 scoreless frames while yielding just four hits with seven punchouts.
The Tribe out-hit Louisville 8-2 and Indians pitchers piled up 15 strikeouts in the triumph, one shy of matching their season high.
Following a day off on Monday, the Indians open a six-game road trip on Tuesday night against the Gwinnett Stripers. First pitch for the series opener is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. ET.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 21, 2019
- Bulls Start Fast But Fall to Stripers - Durham Bulls
- Stripers Rally Late, Defeat Durham - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mets Sweep Red Sox with 4-1 Win on Sunday Afternoon - Syracuse Mets
- Kozma Homers to Snap Losing Streak - Toledo Mud Hens
- Indy Hops off with 2-1 Win in Extras - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Complete Sweep with 4-1 Win - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Knights Blast Past Tides 14-3 in Finale - Charlotte Knights
- Bats Drop Final Game in Extras, 2-1 - Louisville Bats
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (9-6) vs. Louisville Bats (8-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (8-9) at Indianapolis Indians (9-6) - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Returning Faces Highlight Indy's Probable Rotation
- Indianapolis Indians & Yuengling Begin Naming Rights Partnership for "Yuengling Landing"
- Tribe Announce 2020 Intern Class
- International League Names Former Tribe OF Chad Mottola to Hall of Fame
- Indianapolis Indians Announce Multiyear Partnership with WISH-TV/MyINDY-TV 23