Indians Open Final Homestand Of 2008 Wednesday
INDIANAPOLIS -- The Indianapolis Indians open a four-game homestand on Wednesday when Louisville, the Triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds, comes to Victory Field for a 7 p.m. contest. The final stretch of 2008 continues through Aug. 30 as the Tribe squares off with the Bats (Aug. 27-30).
Wed., August 27 -- Louisville @ 7:00 p.m.
* Wheeler Mission Night -- Coupons for two dollars off regular ticket prices will be available at participating Steak 'n Shake locations to benefit Wheeler Mission. The Indians will donate two dollars to Wheeler Mission for each coupon redeemed.
Thurs., August 28 -- Louisville @ 7:00 p.m.
* Ticketmaster Family Night -- Fans can purchase four box seats, four hot dogs, four sodas and four Indians hats for just $52. This special offer is only available in advance of game day at IndyIndians.com or through any Ticketmaster outlet.
* Disability Awareness Night -- A pre-game program for area Boy Scout Troops will focus on disabilities in relation to the sports world. Indiana's Beep Baseball team will provide a demonstration in the outfield beginning at 5:30 p.m. Beep Baseball is baseball for the visually impaired. The ball beeps and participants follow the sound of the beeps to catch and hit the balls. The bases are large, soft pads that participants run into. Scouts will also learn about Victory Field's handicap accessibility as they work towards earning a Disability Awareness Badge.
* IPL and Hendricks Power Cooperative Night -- Indianapolis Power and Light Company and Hendricks Power Cooperative are proud sponsors of the game.
Fri., August 29 -- Louisville @ 7:15 p.m.
* Friday Night Fireworks -- Fans will be treated to a post-game fireworks spectacular courtesy of Coors Light and Community Health Network.
* Marvel Comic Night -- The first 2,500 fans will receive a limited edition Indianapolis Indians and Marvel Entertainment comic book. The customized comic book cover features Rowdie alongside Marvel Entertainment characters Spider-Man, Iron-Man, Captian America and the Incredible Hulk. Gates open at 5:30 p.m.
* Community Awards Night -- Indianapolis Indians coporate partners will be recognized for their various charitable efforts throughout the season.
Sat., August 30 -- Louisville @ 6:00 p.m.
* Home Finale -- The Indians entertain the Cincinnati Reds' Triple-A affiliate in the final regular-season home game of 2008, presented by your central Indiana Toyata dealers and www.WhiteLies.tv Gates open at 4:30 p.m.
* Team Awards Night -- Five End-of-the-Year player awards will be given away during a special pre-game ceremony. The Tribe's August Player of the Month and 2008 Most Valuable Player will also be recognized.
* Shirt-Off-Our-Back Night -- Fans can register to win one of 30 game worn jerseys to be awarded by Indians players and coaches immediately following the game.
* SkyConcert -- White River State Park will play host to HANK-FM's annual SkyConcert. Following the game fans will be invited down to the Victory Field playing surface for the fireworks show, which is scheduled to begin at 9:30 p.m.
Tickets for all four games are available by going online at www.IndyIndians.com, visiting the Victory Field Box Office at 501 West Maryland Street or calling Ticketmaster at 317-239-5151.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 26, 2008
- Braves edge 'Hens - Gwinnett Stripers
- Durham Headed to International League Playoffs With South Division Title - Indianapolis Indians
- Bats Clipped by Columbus, 3-2 - Louisville Bats
- Bulls claim another division title - Durham Bulls
- Fay Washes Out Knights - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo Bisons
- Eldred, Getz make Postseason All-Star Team - Charlotte Knights
- Pawtucket's Jeff Bailey Named IL MVP - IL
- Indians Open Final Homestand Of 2008 Wednesday - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Tribe No-Hit, Blanked in Doubleheader at Syracuse
- Doubleheader: Indianapolis Indians (5-4) at Syracuse Chiefs (6-4)
- Kingham, Indians Double up Chiefs in Snowstorm
- Doubleheader: Indianapolis Indians (4-4) at Syracuse Chiefs (6-3)
- Tribe Postponed for Third Consecutive Day