In the Game: Ben McFarlane (Guelph Storm)
The Guelph Storm have provided the first substitution of the inaugural Memorial eCup presented by Kia, with 18-year-old winger Ben McFarlane slotting in to take the place of Danny Zhilkin on the controls.
McFarlane, who was around to witness the Storm's 2019 OHL Championship title having played in 13 games that season, has witnessed what it takes to win and aims to carry those vibes over onto the Playstation 4 starting Saturday when he squares off against Booker Daniel of the WHL's Tri-City Americans at 2:45pm.
McFarlane scored his first career OHL goal in his second game of the 2019-20 season, a 4-0 win over the Owen Sound Attack on Sept. 27, 2019. The former sixth round pick in the 2018 OHL Priority Selection was named to the GOJHL Midwestern All-Rookie Team in 2018-19 after posting 37 points (17-20-37) in 46 games with the Cambridge Redhawks Jr. B.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2020
- Winstanley Joins Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- Attack Shack Reopening to the Public - Owen Sound Attack
- Kitchener Rangers Launch Retro Tee's in Support of Clarky's Kids - Kitchener Rangers
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Logan Burns as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer - Peterborough Petes
- In the Game: Ben McFarlane (Guelph Storm) - Guelph Storm
- Hound Pound 'Black Friday' Sale Starts Fri. Nov 27 - Soo Greyhounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.