IceMen Add Reinforcements for Playoff Push
As the league-leading Florida Everblades come to Veterans Memorial Arena this weekend, the Icemen have made three additions to their roster for the playoff push. The Manitoba Moose have reassigned goalie Jamie Phillips and defenseman Jake Kulevich to Jacksonville and the Icemen have signed experienced blueliner, Kyle Bigos, to the roster.
Phillips, 24, has appeared in nine games for the Moose, recording a 2.69 GAA and a .924 SV%. The Caledonia, Ontario native has played in 16 games this season for Jacksonville, posting a 3.38 GAA and a .892 SV%. The seventh-round draft pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Winnipeg Jets recorded the Icemen's first-ever shutout in a 5-0 win over the Brampton Beast on Nov. 8, 2017.
Kulevich, 25, is in his second season with the Manitoba Moose in the AHL. In 26 games with the Moose this season, the defenseman has one point and 10 penalty minutes. The Massachusetts native has been a solid presence on the ice for the Moose, posting a +7 rating. Prior to turning pro, Kulevich played college hockey for Colgate University, tallying 60 points (15g-45a) in 150 collegiate games.
Bigos, 28, spent most of the 2017-18 season with the Quad City Mallards. There, the right-shot defenseman collected eight points (2g-6a) and 48 penalty minutes in 39 games. The Californian was taken 99th in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft by the Edmonton Oilers. He brings a wealth of professional hockey experience, as he has played in 143 career ECHL games and in eight AHL games since 2013.
Don't miss out on the playoff push as the Icemen take on rival Florida Everblades on Friday and Saturday at Veterans Memorial Arena. Click here to get your tickets!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 7, 2018
- Pauly Hat Trick Leads Mavericks to 4-1 Win over Colorado - Kansas City Mavericks
- Van Stralen Leads Thunder Past Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Atlanta Dominates Orlando with 6-1 Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Preview: Orlando Solar Bears at Atlanta Gladiators - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Add Goaltender Michael Bitzer - Idaho Steelheads
- Komets Add Defenseman Vytal Cote to Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Pucks-N-Paws Spring Edition Set for Later this Month - Allen Americans
- ECHL Transactions - March 7 - ECHL
- Stingrays Return Home for Action Packed Weekend - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Colorado Adds Defenseman Chase Norrish - Colorado Eagles
- Game Day Storylines vs Allen - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers Masterful in the Morning - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Yannick Tifu May Wrestle "Million Dollar Man" March 17 - Reading Royals
- Francois Beauchemin Returns to Springfield - Manchester Monarchs
- Komets Championship HOF Weekend Saturday and Sunday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Rampage Reassign Joly, De Jong to Colorado Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Nowick Reassigned to Kansas City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Stanley Cup at Kalamazoo Wings Game Friday - Kalamazoo Wings
- ECHL Announces Winner in 2017-18 Season-Ticket Holder Survey Contest - ECHL
- IceMen Add Reinforcements for Playoff Push - Jacksonville IceMen
- Gameday Report: Mavericks at Eagles - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers vs. Railers Game Day Snap Shot, March 7 - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.