IceHogs Sign 2023 Blackhawks Draft Pick Marcel Marcel to AHL Deal
The Rockford IceHogs announced today that the team has signed forward Marcel Marcel to a one-year AHL contract that runs through the 2023-24 season. Marcel was selected by the Chicago Blackhawks in the fifth round (131st overall) in the 2023 NHL Entry Draft.
Marcel, 19, saw his first North American action during the 2022-23 campaign with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Gatineau Olympiques. With Gatineau, the 6-foot-4, 243-pound forward posted 32 points (14G, 18A), 53 penalty minutes, and a +22 rating in 52 games last season. He then tabbed eight points (3G, 5A) in 13 QMJHL postseason appearances.
The Pilsen, Czechia native also helped his country secure a silver medal at the 2023 IIHF World Junior Championship, recording six points (2G, 4A) in seven contests.
Marcel played professionally as an 18-year-old with HC Plzen in Czechia's top league during the 2021-22 circuit and picked up an assist through 18 appearances.
Stay up to date on all IceHogs player transactions with the Rockford IceHogs 2023-24 Offseason Headquarters.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 19, 2023
- Firebirds Re-Sign Forward Ian McKinnon - Coachella Valley Firebirds
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Noah Warren to Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - San Diego Gulls
- Bears Ink Veteran Forward Garrett Roe to AHL Contract - Hershey Bears
- IceHogs Sign 2023 Blackhawks Draft Pick Marcel Marcel to AHL Deal - Rockford IceHogs
- Texas Stars Hire Chris Nelson as Assistant Athletic Trainer - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.