IceHogs announce game time changes
Rockford, Ill. - Rockford IceHogs Team President Mark Bernard announced on Tuesday that the American Hockey League Club has changed two game times for the team's upcoming schedule.
The IceHogs games on Monday, Jan. 19 against the Grand Rapids Griffins and Monday, Feb. 16 against the San Antonio Rampage will now start at 2:05 p.m. Both games were changed to Kid's Day Games to accommodate national holidays- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and President's Day.
"As a parent myself, I felt that by moving these game times to 2:05 p.m. parents would have a viable option for their kids on these off days from school," said Bernard. "This will be a great outlet for parents to bring their kids to a mid-day IceHogs game and be home early enough on a school night. We look at it as a good way for us to generate more attendance on what would otherwise be a pretty low attended game on a Monday night."
The Feb. 16 game will feature the World Famous Zooperstars. This will be the first Zooperstars appearance at the MetroCentre since 2006. The Jan. 19 game will have a special giveaway yet to be announced.
Both contests will feature ticket deals for students of all ages. The IceHogs will also feature activities and special concessions for all kids attending the game in a fun and safe environment.
For tickets contact the MetroCentre Box Office at (815) 968-5222, on-line at www.metrocentre.com, or in person at Hogs Headquarters located in Cherryvale Mall, or MetroCentre Box Office.
Season ticket holders will receive a letter in the mail in the near future with options regarding their tickets if they can't make the games with the new start times.
For questions regarding the IceHogs schedule change, contact the IceHogs at (815) 986-6465.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Rockford IceHogs 2022-23 Player Tracker
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves
- IceHogs and Wolves Meet for Game 2 of Central Division Semifinals Tonight in Rosemont