BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List
Milwaukee, WI-Milwaukee Admirals President Jon Greenberg announced today that national recording artist and Milwaukee natives the BoDeans will perform following the Admirals home game February 21st, 2009. The post-game performance will take place immediately after the Ads 7:30 game against the Manitoba Moose.
"I am very excited to add the BoDeans to our list of post-game concerts for the 2008-09 season," said Greenberg. "The BoDeans have a great history in this city and they will put on a great performance for our fans."
The BoDeans released their first album entitled "Love & Hope & Sex & Dreams" in 1986 and propelled the group into the national spotlight. They would later go on to tour with national recording artist U2, and were named Best New Band in Rolling Stone magazine in 1987.
The song, "Closer to Free" became a popular hit for the BoDeans when it was the theme song for the popular television series "Party of Five." The song would go on to reach #16 on the Billboard Hot 100's in May of 1996.
Some of the BoDeans most famous albums include Outside Looking In (1987), Home (1989), Black and White (1991), Go Slow Down (1993), Joe Dirt Car (1995), and Blend (1996). Aside from their more popular albums, the BoDeans have released many live compilations including one from right here in Milwaukee, Homebrewed: Live from the Pabst (2005).
The BoDeans began their existence back in 1984 in Waukesha, WI. The band was formed by Kurt Neumann (vocals and electric guitar) and Sam Llanas (vocals and acoustic guitar) who started playing together while they were still in high school. Since the guys are Milwaukee area natives, they also perform every year at Summerfest to huge crowds.
Milwaukee plays at home Friday, November 7th at 7:00 pm against the San Antonio Rampage at the Bradley Center. Fans can purchase tickets for all Admirals games by calling (414) 276-4545 or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.