Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany
ALBANY, NY - The Albany River Rats announced today that the Carolina Hurricanes, their National Hockey League affiliate, have assigned left wing Dan LaCouture to Albany. The River Rats also announced that on Monday they assigned left wing Yannick Tifu to the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
LaCouture, 31, has played in the Hurricanes first 11 games this season, scoring two goals and recording ten penalty minutes. The Hyannis, Massachusetts native has appeared in 337 career NHL games for six different teams (Edmonton, Pittsburgh, New York Rangers, Boston, New Jersey and Carolina) and has 45 career NHL points (20 goals, 25 assists) over the course of his 12-year professional career. LaCouture (6'2", 215 lbs) has also played in 322 career AHL games for the Hamilton Bulldogs, the Providence Bruins and the Lowell Devils, where he posted 134 points (75 goals, 59 assists). Originally drafted by the New York Islanders in the second round (29th overall) of the 1996 NHL Entry Draft, LaCouture spent the 2007-08 season playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Tifu, 24, was scoreless with four penalty minutes and had a minus-four rating while playing in Albany's first nine games of the 2008-09 season. He joined the ECHL's Florida Everblades on Monday and tallied two assists in Florida's 6-2 win over the Gwinnett Gladiators Monday night.
The River Rats have two home games on the schedule this week as they host the Hershey Bears on Friday, November 7th and the Providence Bruins on Saturday, November 8th; both games are scheduled for 7:00 pm face offs at the Times Union Center.
River Rats flex ticket packages and individual game tickets are on sale now at the River Rats office and the Times Union Center Box Office. For more information please contact the Albany River Rats at (518) 487-2244 or online at www.albanyriverrats.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.