Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose
The Vancouver Canucks, the NHL affiliate of the Manitoba Moose, announced today they have recalled forward Michel Ouellet. As a result, they have re-assigned forward Jason Krog to the Moose.
Ouellet, 26, has played in all 10 games for the Moose so far this season and leads the team in scoring with 10 points (4-6-10) and also has two penalty minutes. He was acquired, along with defenceman Shane O'Brien, from the Tampa Bay Lightning by Vancouver on Oct. 6/08 in exchange for Juraj Simek and Lukas Kraijek. Last season, the Rimouski, PQ native appeared in 64 games with the Tampa Lightning where he collected 36 points (17-19-36) and 12 penalty minutes. In 187 career games in the NHL with Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh, the Rimouski, PQ native has scored 116 points (52-64-116) and 98 penalty minutes. Ouellet has also appeared in 182 games in the AHL with the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins where he scored 144 points (71-73-144) and 102 penalty minutes. Ouellet was originally drafted by the Penguins with their fourth choice, 124th overall in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
Krog, 32, appeared in four games with the Canucks after being recalled on Oct. 21/08. In that time, the Fernie, BC native scored his first goal of the NHL season Oct. 25/08 vs. Edmonton. Krog has also played in four games with the Moose this season where he's scored five points (1-4-5). He scored his first goal as a Moose Oct. 11/08 and has collected a point in each game he's played in the AHL this season. Last year, he appeared in all 80 games with the Calder Cup champion Chicago Wolves and became just the third player in the AHL's 72-year history to lead the league in goals (39), assists (73), and points (112) which earned him the Les Cunningham Award as the AHL's Most Valuable Player. Krog also scored 12 goals and a record-tying 28 assists for 36 points in 24 Calder Cup playoff games.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Manitoba Moose Stories
- Claude Noel Named Head Coach of Winnipeg NHL Team
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg
- Canucks Recall Chris Tanev, Eddie Lack, Sergei Shirokov, Aaron Volpatti and Alex Bolduc
- Moose Eliminated by Bulldogs in Triple Overtime
- Moose Won't Back Down