Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason
Syracuse, NY (November 4, 2008) - The Syracuse Crunch announced today that the Columbus Blue Jackets have assigned goaltender Dan LaCosta to the Crunch and recalled goaltender Steve Mason.
LaCosta, 22, has appeared in five games for the Crunch this season, going 5-0-0 with a 2.08 goals against average and .929 save percentage. He has also appeared in one game with Columbus this season, playing 35 minutes and stopping 15 of 17 shots on October 18 at Nashville. A native of Labrador City, Newfoundland, LaCosta was drafted by Columbus in the third round, 93rd overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Mason, 20, has appeared in three games for the Crunch this season, compiling a 2-1-0 record with a 1.63 goals against average and .937 save percentage. He made his professional debut on October 29 at Grand Rapids, stopping 32 of 33 shots en route to his first professional win. A native of Oakville, Ontario, Mason was drafted by Columbus in the third round, 69th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.
The Crunch's next game is Friday, November 7 as they travel down I-81 to take on the Binghamton Senators. The Crunch return home to the War Memorial at Oncenter to face the Manitoba Moose on November 8 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at 315-473-4444, stopping by the Oncenter Box Office, located on the State Street side of the War Memorial or by calling Ticketmaster at 315-472-0700.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 4, 2008
- Houston Aeros Partner With Woodlands Custom Vision for 08-09 Season - Houston Aeros
- Former Crunch Member Derick Brassard Named NHL Rookie of the Month - Syracuse Crunch
- Columbus Assigns Dan LaCosta, Recalls Steve Mason - Syracuse Crunch
- Houston Aeros Fifth Annual Military Appreciation Night to be held November 22 - Houston Aeros
- Phantoms Seek 500th Win Wednesday - Adirondack Phantoms
- Radja recalled to IceHogs - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs announce game time changes - Rockford IceHogs
- Monarchs Release Rheault - Manchester Monarchs
- Sobotka Retuns To Providence - Providence Bruins
- BoDeans Added to Admirals Concert List - Milwaukee Admirals
- Carolina Assigns Forward Dan LaCouture To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Moose assign trio to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Sign Winger Pierre-Luc Faubert - Binghamton Senators
- Sigalet Shines on the Back End - Syracuse Crunch
- Canucks recall Ouellet and re-assign Krog to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Crunch Announce Details of New York State Lottery Night - Syracuse Crunch
- Coyotes Trade Rampage Defenseman Drew Fata - San Antonio Rampage
- Worcester Sharks Begin Quest For Unum Cup On Dollar Dog Wednesdays - Worcester Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.