Ice Flyers' Chong and Wilson Named SPHL All Stars
Pensacola, Fla. - March 28, 2012 - The Ice Flyers would like to congratulate forwards Jordan Chong and Chris Wilson on their selections to the ALL-SPHL teams.
Chong was named to the SPHL All-Rookie Team. He played in all 56 games for the Ice Flyers scoring 21 goals and adding 33 assists, good for 54 points. Chong's 33 assists tied for the league lead in assists by a rookie while his 54 points and 9 power play goals were 2nd among rookies.
Wilson was named to the All-SPHL Second Team, his second All-SPHL honor in as many seasons. Wilson only played in 47 games this season but he was 2nd in the league in power play goals with 11 and 4th in total goals with 30. With his 25 assists, he finished the season with 55 points and a sparkling 1.17 points per game.
The Ice Flyers will take to the ice in playoff action this weekend. Game 1 against the Mississippi Surge will be this Friday March 30 at 7:05 p.m. at the Pensacola Civic Center with Game 2 taking place in Biloxi Saturday March 31 also at 7:05 p.m. If necessary, Game 3 will be back in the Hangar on Sunday April 1 for a 5:05 p.m. start time.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2012
- Ice Bears to Regroup After Loss - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Auffrey, Graham's Heroics Earn RiverHawks Game One - Augusta RiverHawks
- RiverKings and Lifeblood Team up to Save Lives One Pint of Blood at a Time - Mississippi RiverKings
- Ice Flyers' Chong and Wilson Named SPHL All Stars - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Ice Bears' Mark Van Vliet Wins Back-To-Back Defenseman of the Year - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Knoxville's Mark Van Vliet Named SBK Defenseman of the Year - SPHL
- Cottonmouths' Sam Bowles Named SBK Player of the Week - SPHL
- Cottonmouths Week in Review - Columbus Cottonmouths
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.