RiverKings and Lifeblood Team up to Save Lives One Pint of Blood at a Time
SOUTHAVEN, Miss -- The Mississippi RiverKings partnered with Mid-South Blood Center Lifeblood, aiming to get young donors involved at Northwest Mississippi Community College on Wednesday, Mar. 28.
Students and teachers were invited to give a pint of blood, helping save 3 lives with their donation.
Anyone interested in giving blood that missed Wednesday's blood drive are in luck! Lifeblood will again be set-up in the main atrium area of NW Mississippi Community College Thursday, March 29 from 9 am to 2 pm.
Many students like Respiratory Therapy major, Veronica Rapp, sat in the Lifeblood donation chairs, squeezed the heart stress ball and donated their blood for the very first time.
Pre-Physical Therapy student Tyler Wright gave blood for the first time at the drive too, noting he was curious to find out his blood type, and that he wanted to help save lives by donating a little of his blood and his time.
Regina Clark, Program Director for the Respiratory Therapy at NW Mississippi Community College, was excited to get her students and those from the campus at large, involved in the blood giving process.
Clark was ecstatic to hear that by 12:15 pm Wednesday, 92 people had participated in the blood drive.
Mississippi RiverKings mascot Sheldon was also on hand encouraging people to donate blood, and helping calm down some students waiting to give their blood.
The RiverKings are also giving a buy one get one free voucher to every person who gave blood Wednesday or does Thursday, good for the Friday, March 30 RiverKings home playoff game. The organization also donated signed goods and other RiverKings goodies to be raffled off to those who participate in the blood drive.
Lifeblood will again be set-up at NW Mississippi Community College Thursday, March 29 from 9 am to 2 pm, for students, teachers and folks from the community to give blood.
For more information on Lifeblood visit their website www.lifeblood.org or call 1-888-LIFEBLOOD.
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from March 28, 2012
- Ice Bears to Regroup After Loss - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Auffrey, Graham's Heroics Earn RiverHawks Game One - Augusta RiverHawks
- RiverKings and Lifeblood Team up to Save Lives One Pint of Blood at a Time - Mississippi RiverKings
- Ice Flyers' Chong and Wilson Named SPHL All Stars - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- Ice Bears' Mark Van Vliet Wins Back-To-Back Defenseman of the Year - Knoxville Ice Bears
- Knoxville's Mark Van Vliet Named SBK Defenseman of the Year - SPHL
- Cottonmouths' Sam Bowles Named SBK Player of the Week - SPHL
- Cottonmouths Week in Review - Columbus Cottonmouths
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.