Hurricanes Sign Tetachuk
REGINA, SK - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Friday that they have signed goaltender Carl Tetachuk to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Tetachuk, who was undrafted in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft, is a product of Lethbridge, Alberta. The 2001-born netminder has registered an impressive 14-1-1 record this season for the Lethbridge Hurricanes Midget AAA while posting a 1.47 goals against average (GAA) and a .931 save percentage (SV%) along with six shutouts. He currently leads the Alberta Midget Hockey League in wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.
The 5'11 ", 161-pound puck-stopper, who is teammates with Hurricanes prospects Michael Horon and Carson Dyck, posted a 1-0-1 record at the 2017 Macs Tournament in Calgary while posting a 1.50 GAA and a .930 SV%. Tetachuk earned his lone victory in the tournament against the Greater Vancouver Canadians.
Last season, Tetachuk recorded a 14-1-5 record with the Lethbridge Minor Midget Hurricanes with a 1.84 GAA and a .906 SV% with five shutouts. In 2015-2016, he posted a 14-3-1 record along with a 2.01 GAA and an. 885 SV% with three shutouts with the Lethbridge Golden Hawks.
In 2015-2016, he represented Team South at the Alberta Cup. He also went to lead the Golden Hawks to the AMBHL Championship. Tetachuk also helped the Minor Midget Hurricanes to the 2016-2017 AMMHL Championship posting a 2.44 GAA and a .869 SV% in the post-season.
The Hurricanes return to action Friday when they begin a three-game road trip in Moose Jaw against the Warriors. The 'Canes will return to the ENMAX Centre on Tuesday, February 13th when they host the Tri-City Americans in their lone meeting this season. Tickets for the game can be purchased online, by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre.
Catch up on all the latest on the Lethbridge Hurricanes by visiting the team's website at www.lethbridgehurricanes.com, and/or follow on Twitter @WHLHurricanes.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 9, 2018
- Hitmen Can't Find Net in 4-0 Loss - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders' Point Streak Snapped In Swift - Prince Albert Raiders
- Pats Fall to Visiting Kootenay - Regina Pats
- Blazers Play Oil Kings on Family Day Monday - Kamloops Blazers
- Raiders, CMHA Prince Albert Team up for Talk Today Mental Health Game - Prince Albert Raiders
- Erik Gardiner Returns to Rockets Lineup - Kelowna Rockets
- Player's Choice Nicknames Featured on Chiefs' 2018 Breast Cancer Awareness Jerseys - Spokane Chiefs
- Vancouver Giants Well Represented at the 2018 Winter Olympics - Vancouver Giants
- Hurricanes Sign Tetachuk - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Calgary Hitmen Game Preview - Friday, February 9 at Medicine Hat - Calgary Hitmen
- Game Day Preview: Pats in Search for Fourth Straight Win Friday - Regina Pats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.