Hurricanes Sign Okuliar
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club have signed forward Oliver Okuliar to a Western Hockey League Standard Player Agreement.
Okuliar, 19, was selected by the Hurricanes with their lone pick in the 2019 Canadian Hockey League Import Draft in June. The Trencin, Slovakia product spent the 2018-2019 season playing in the CHL in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League where he recorded 42 points (14g-28a) along with 46 penalty minutes and a plus-13 rating in 66 games with the Sherbrooke Phoenix while adding four points (1g-3a) in 10 post-season games.
Okuliar joins defenseman Danila Palivko as the two European-born players on the Hurricanes roster for the 2019-2020 season.
Season Tickets for the 2019-20 season are available for purchase by calling 403-329-SEAT (7328) or by visiting the ENMAX Centre Ticket Centre. The 'Canes will begin the regular season on Friday, September 20th when they welcome
the Medicine Hat Tigers to the ENMAX Centre.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from July 15, 2019
- Winterhawks Prospects at 2019 Summer Hockey Camps - Portland Winterhawks
- Blazers Add Stacy Keen as Sales Account Executive - Kamloops Blazers
- Hurricanes Sign Okuliar - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Lassi Thomson signs with Ottawa - Kelowna Rockets
- 2019 Training Camp Dates Announced - Spokane Chiefs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.