Hunter Jones Signs Entry-Level Contract with Minnesota Wild
(St. Paul, MN) - Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin today announced the NHL club has signed Petes goaltender Hunter Jones to a three-year, entry-level contract.
Jones, a 6'4.5", 198lbs goaltender, appeared in 49 games for the Petes in the 2019-20 season, earning a 2.75 goals against average, 0.913 save percentage, and 31-14-2-1 record that included four shutouts. He was named the OHL Goaltender of the Month for October 2019 and played for Team OHL in the 2019 CIBC Canada Russia Series.
The Brantford native was selected by the Wild in the 2nd round, 59th overall in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, and attended Minnesota's 2019 development and training camps.
Jones was the first Pete to be drafted by the Wild, but joins 2000-03 Petes alumnus Eric Staal in Minnesota's system.
Visit minnesotawild.com for more details.
Fans can stay up-to-date with all things Petes by staying tuned to their website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram feeds for information as it becomes available.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2020
- OHL Mourns the Loss of Sam Sisco - OHL
- Moncada Underrated No More - North Bay Battalion
- Seven Petes Recognized in Annual OHL Coaches Poll - Peterborough Petes
- Rangers Sign GM Mike McKenzie to Contract Extension - Kitchener Rangers
- Perfetti, Giroux, Wilde, Busdeker, Lennox Featured in OHL Coaches Poll - Saginaw Spirit
- OHL Announces 2019-20 Coaches Poll Winners - OHL
- Hunter Jones Signs Entry-Level Contract with Minnesota Wild - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- OHL Announces Updated Timeline for 2020-21 Season
- Petes Release Details for Not-So-Scary Halloween Drive-By
- McTavish, Guryev and Zanetti Named to Central Scouting Players to Watch List
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Mike Lain as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Minnesota Wild Prospect Hunter Jones Headlines Week Five of Thursday Night Live