How Sweep It Is
A back-and-forth affair between Aberdeen and Minnesota saw the Wings come away with a 5-4 win and a weekend sweep. Jonathan Bendorf led the Aberdeen offense with a goal and three assists. Tim Makowski scored two goals while Connor Beatty, and Joe Strada each had one goal. Matt Vernon got his second win of the weekend as he denied 23 shots. Gino Lucia provided most of the offense for Minnesota as he had two goals. Nate Horn and Nick Portz scored as well. Kaleb Johnson was handed the loss as he made 29 saves.
The Wings return to the Odde for their regular season home opener this Friday vs Brookings. Tickets are on sale now at any of the 4 C-Express locations in Aberdeen or at the door Friday. Doors open at 5:30 and the puck always drops at 7:25.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2018
- Loud and Clear - Minot Minotauros
- How Sweep It Is - Aberdeen Wings
- Amarillo Bulls Move to First, Beat Topeka 5-2 - Amarillo Bulls
- Mudbugs Fall to the Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lone Star Stymies Jackalopes 3-0 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Best Shuts out the 'Bugs in 4-0 Win Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- As Mullhaupt Moves On, Knights Name Mossbrooks New Voice - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Titans Fall to the Tomahawks in a 5-3 Loss - New Jersey Titans