Mudbugs Fall to the Rays
The Shreveport Mudbugs (4-4) couldn't muster any scoring opportunities and fell to the Corpus Christi Ice Rays, 4-0 Saturday night at the American Bank Center.
The Mudbugs got off to a rough start as Corpus Christi took advantage of their first powerplay opportunity at 4:14 with a quick one-timer from Mason Kohn to give the Ice Rays the early 1-0 lead. Shreveport was out-shot 19-6 after one period of play, but were very fortunate to be just trailing by one goal.
Corpus Christi extended their lead at the 4:00 mark of the 2nd period when Brian Kramer put a nice shot in for his first goal of the season giving the Ice Rays a 2-0 lead. The period got worse for the Bugs when the Ice Rays capitalize off of some tired Shreveport skaters and Blake Bennett got a tip in front for his 4th goal of the year at 17:50. Corpus Christi led 3-0 and led in SOG, 36-17 after two periods of play.
The tough night continued for the Bugs as they couldn't get much going offensively in the final period. Noah Roofe scored his 2nd goal of the year at the 9:03 mark of the 3rd period to put Corpus Christi, 4-0.
Leo Chuard was impressive once again in net despite the loss making 53 saves on the evening.
The Mudbugs will have next weekend off before coming back home to Georges Pond in Hirsch Coliseum to welcome in the Amarillo Bulls for the first time this season. The first game of the two-game set is on Friday, October 12th with puck drop scheduled for 7:11 p.m. ?
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from September 30, 2018
- Loud and Clear - Minot Minotauros
- How Sweep It Is - Aberdeen Wings
- Amarillo Bulls Move to First, Beat Topeka 5-2 - Amarillo Bulls
- Mudbugs Fall to the Rays - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Lone Star Stymies Jackalopes 3-0 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Best Shuts out the 'Bugs in 4-0 Win Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- As Mullhaupt Moves On, Knights Name Mossbrooks New Voice - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights
- Titans Fall to the Tomahawks in a 5-3 Loss - New Jersey Titans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.