Hounds Unveil Largest-Ever Broadcast Schedule, 22 The Point to Televise Select Matches
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has announced a partnership with 22 The Point (WPNT) to broadcast select games throughout the upcoming 2020 season, which will mark the club's largest-ever television broadcast schedule.
22 The Point will broadcast a total of 22 Riverhounds SC regular season matches this season. This includes 15 home games and seven away showdowns.
"We are very excited to add Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC to our lineup of local sports," WPNT General Manager Richard Cook said. "For five years and counting, WPNT 22 the Point has been providing southwest Pennsylvania residents live high school football each fall with Friday Night Rivals. We are thrilled to expand our service to the local community through this partnership with Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC."
The broadcast schedule kicks off with the Hounds' season opener at the Charlotte Independence on March 14. In addition to this match, 22 The Point will also televise the team's home opener against Louisville City FC on March 21. Other matchups to be televised on the station include the July 4 showdown against North Carolina FC and the season finale against the Charleston Battery on Oct. 17.
Furthermore, 22 The Point's "Marketplace Pittsburgh," which airs Sundays at 8 p.m. with host Jordan Conigliaro, will feature "Your Pittsburgh Riverhounds Report" on the show's "Marketplace Minute." These short features can also be viewed on 22thepoint.com.
In addition to these 22 matches, Riverhounds SC will be nationally televised on the ESPN family of networks for three games in 2020. This includes its March 27 showdown against Tampa Bay Rowdies (ESPN Deportes), July 1 matchup against Louisville City FC (ESPNews) and an Oct. 9 meeting with The Miami FC (ESPN Deportes).
For out-of-market fans, they can catch every Riverhounds SC match live on ESPN+ with a paid subscription.
Season tickets, flexbooks and mini plans are on sale for the 2020 season. Fans can purchase these packages by visiting riverhounds.com/tickets or by calling (412) 865-GOAL.
The Hounds will host their 2020 regular season home opener at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 21 at Highmark Stadium against Louisville City FC. Fans can purchase tickets at ticketmaster.com. Use the code "HOUNDS" upon purchase to take advantage of our 2 for $20 deal, offering fans two supporters section tickets for $20.
Below is this coming season's broadcast schedule.
22 The Point
7 p.m. on Saturday, March 14 - @Charlotte Independence
7 p.m. on Saturday, March 21 - Louisville City FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, April 4 - Birmingham Legion FC
5 p.m. on Saturday, April 11 - @Sporting Kansas City II
7 p.m. on Saturday, April 18 - Loudoun United FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, April 25 - Saint Louis FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, May 9 - Philadelphia Union II
7 p.m. on Saturday, May 16 - Memphis 901 FC
5 p.m. on Sunday, May 24 - @New York Red Bulls II
6:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 20 - @Loudoun United FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, June 27 - Indy Eleven
6:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 4 - North Carolina FC
7:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 11 - @Birmingham Legion FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, July 18 - @Charleston Battery
7 p.m. on Saturday, July 25 - Charlotte Independence
7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 1 - Loudoun United FC
7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 8 - New York Red Bulls II
5 p.m. on Sunday, Aug. 23 - Tampa Bay Rowdies
7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 29 - Sporting Kansas City II
5 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 13 - Atlanta United 2
7 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 19 - @Indy Eleven
7 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 17 - Charleston Battery
ESPN Family of Networks
7:30 p.m. on Friday, March 27 - @Tampa Bay Rowdies (ESPN Deportes)
7 p.m. on Wednesday, July 1 - @Louisville City FC (ESPNews)
8 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9 - The Miami FC (ESPN Deportes)
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 9, 2020
- Two Republic FC Players to Shave Heads for St. Baldrick's Fundraiser - Sacramento Republic FC
- Soccer Holdings Launches Youth Academies - Louisville City FC
- Lights FC & Burger King Announce a Too-Good-To-Be-True "Birthday Club" Featuring Free Match Tickets - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Miami FC Announces Major Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Helbiz - Miami FC
- Hartenstein's Monster Weekend Earns NBA G League Weekly Honors - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Talking Points: Red Bulls 0 - 1 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hounds Unveil Largest-Ever Broadcast Schedule, 22 The Point to Televise Select Matches - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Preview: Riverhounds SC at Louisville City FC
- 11 Riverhounds SC Games to be Aired on 22 The Point
- Riverhounds SC's 16-Game Revised Schedule Unveiled
- Hounds to Battle Indy Eleven in Home Opener, Game to be Aired on ESPN2
- Hounds to Open 2020 Season on ESPN2