Miami FC Announces Major Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Helbiz
MIAMI - Helbiz, a global leader in micro-mobility, today announced a strategic partnership with Miami FC, a member of the United Soccer League (USL) and South Florida's most successful professional soccer team with nine trophies in four years. As part of this deal, Helbiz and Miami FC will focus on enriching the lives of Miami's residents and encouraging a more sustainable, affordable and safer way to travel around Miami.
"We are proud to have the support of Helbiz at such a significant time in Miami FC's history as we enter the USL Championship," said Riccardo Silva, founder of Miami FC and Silva International. "This is an important, long-term jersey sponsorship deal, which represents a major investment in and commitment to both Miami FC and, more importantly, the city of Miami. It's a natural fit because both Miami FC and Helbiz are committed to using the power of soccer to bring people together and to make Miami stronger and safer."
"As the newest member of the vibrant Miami community, Helbiz is excited to partner with the hometown team, Miami FC, to offer fans and locals more ways to enjoy the games and their city. Both of our organizations are committed to Miami and making Miami's community stronger," said Salvatore Palella, founder and CEO of Helbiz. "We're dedicated to connecting two growing movements in the USA that are gaining momentum for millennials and Gen Z generations: sustainable micro-mobility and a passion for soccer. Just as soccer changes lives in local communities around the world, Helbiz is on a mission to change the world by offering safer and more sustainable ways to get around."
"We are extremely excited to announce Helbiz as our first-ever jersey sponsor," said Paul Dalglish, Miami FC President & General Manager. "One of our main goals at the club is to join forces with businesses that want to help grow the Miami community, and Helbiz is a perfect example of that. Through joint initiatives with Helbiz, Miami FC will focus on finding ways to give back to the local community to further improve our commitment to the Miami-Dade area."
As the Presenting Partner, the Official Partner of Miami FC and the first-ever jersey sponsor, Helbiz and the team will offer fans and locals unique opportunities to ride the scooters and engage with the players throughout the season. Community engagement programs and events will be held across South Miami, providing exclusive promotions and benefits to Miami FC ticket holders, including free rides around the city. Additionally, both Miami FC and Helbiz will contribute monetary donations to local community organizations bringing awareness to important issues affecting the area.
Helbiz's fleet of customized scooters offer users a safer and more reliable ride, with an 18-month lifespan per scooter. The company employs a full-time team on-the-ground to ensure its fleet of scooters are charged, repaired and well-maintained. Its app is equipped with rider safety information, such as instructions for use, how to conduct a safety check and helmet rules. All Helbiz's scooters are fully insured for the protection of its riders.
Helbiz currently operates in District 2 of Miami, which includes Morningside, Edgewater, Downtown Miami, Brickell and Coconut Grove. As part of this partnership, unlock fees will be waived for all users around Miami on March 13, Miami FC's first home game.
"Helbiz will continue to collaborate with key Miami stakeholders to develop innovative transportation solutions that ensure safety and security for all riders," continued Palella. "We look forward to working closely with Miami FC to pave the way for a safer, greener and more sustainable Miami."
Download Helbiz on iOS and Android now. For additional information, visit www.helbiz.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 9, 2020
- Two Republic FC Players to Shave Heads for St. Baldrick's Fundraiser - Sacramento Republic FC
- Soccer Holdings Launches Youth Academies - Louisville City FC
- Lights FC & Burger King Announce a Too-Good-To-Be-True "Birthday Club" Featuring Free Match Tickets - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Miami FC Announces Major Jersey Sponsorship Deal with Helbiz - Miami FC
- Hartenstein's Monster Weekend Earns NBA G League Weekly Honors - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Championship Weekend Recap - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Talking Points: Red Bulls 0 - 1 Rowdies - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Hounds Unveil Largest-Ever Broadcast Schedule, 22 The Point to Televise Select Matches - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Miami FC Stories
- The Miami FC Appoints Former Inter Milan and D.C. United Executive Michael Williamson as CEO
- Velasquez Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- GAMEDAY REPORT: Miami Wraps up Season with Victory against Atlanta
- Miami Produces Thrilling Comeback against Battery
- Miami FC Announces Intent to Join USL Academy League