Homers That Help Campaign During the Final Stretch
MOOSIC, PA - Minor League Baseball(tm) has announced the creation of a charitable component to Triple-A Baseball's Final Stretch, the 10-game close of the 2021 season, that will benefit a 501(c)3 charity in each Triple-A city. For each home run hit by Triple-A teams (home and road games) during the Triple-A Final Stretch, Minor League Baseball will donate $50 per home run to a local charity selected by the team.
Wyoming Valley Challenger Baseball has been tabbed as the benefactor of each home run that the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders hit during the final 10 games of 2021.
In addition to the $50 per home run donation, the Triple-A team that hits the most home runs over the upcoming 10-game span will generate an extra $5,000 donation for their charity.
"Minor League Baseball teams have long been great community partners, and we are pleased to make a donation to each of these local charities on behalf of our Triple-A teams for their performance during the Triple-A Final Stretch," said Major League Baseball's Vice President, Minor League Operations and Development, Peter Woodfork. "These charities provide a variety of valuable services to their community, and it is our honor to recognize their efforts."
"The yearly support we have received from the Scranton/Wilkes Barre RailRiders has been remarkable and such a huge boost for our organization," said Larry Wills, President of Wyoming Valley Challenger Baseball. "I would really like to thank the front office staff and players for the continued support and all that they do for these incredible kids. Now... Let's swing for the fences!"
The RailRiders host the Syracuse Mets from September 22 through 26 before traveling to Rochester from September 29 through October 3 for their Final Stretch. Tickets are available at swbrailriders.com.
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from September 21, 2021
- Quintana Lifts Jumbo Shrimp Past Redbirds to Open Final Stretch - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Redbirds Lose First Game of Final Stretch - Memphis Redbirds
- WooSox to Take Part in the Triple-A Final Stretch "Homers That Help" Campaign - Worcester Red Sox
- WooSox '21 Season Finale to Say "Thank You" for Season-Long Support - Worcester Red Sox
- Major League Baseball Donating $50 Per Homer to Saints Community Partner, ACES4KIDS, During Final 10 Games - St. Paul Saints
- Redbirds Give Back to Community as Part of "Homers That Help" - Memphis Redbirds
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: September 21, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- Blue Jays Top Prospect, Gabriel Moreno, to Join Bisons - Buffalo Bisons
- Wander Franco Expected to Join Bulls on MLB Rehab Assignment - Durham Bulls
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Durham Bulls Youth Athletic League - Durham Bulls
- Storm Chasers to Participate in "Homers That Help" Charity Campaign During Triple-A Final Stretch - Omaha Storm Chasers
- 'Homers That Help' to Benefit WNY Heroes, Inc. with Each Bisons Home Run - Buffalo Bisons
- Adam Engel Completes Rehab Assignment - Charlotte Knights
- Jumbo Shrimp to Host "Raya and the Last Dragon" Family Movie Night Presented by HappyNest - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charity - Charlotte Knights
- Hens to Participate in Homers That Help Campaign - Toledo Mud Hens
- Minor League Baseball Introduces Triple-A Final Stretch "Homers That Help" Charitable Program - Syracuse Mets
- Homers That Help Campaign During the Final Stretch - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Triple-A Final Stretch to Benefit Local Charity - Toledo Mud Hens
- MiLB to Donate $50 Per Bats Home Run to Boys & Girls Club of Kentuckiana - Louisville Bats
- Indians Select Indy RBI as Triple-A Final Stretch Beneficiary - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.