Hoelscher and Quinn Collect Three Points Each in 67's 4-3 Loss to Kitchener
OTTAWA - The Ottawa 67's wrapped up their three-game road trip that had stops in Windsor, London and finally Kitchener on Sunday afternoon, in what was a hard fought battle that ended by a score of 4-3 in favour of the Kitchener Rangers.
Kitchener's Mike Petizian opened the game's scoring six minutes in, but the Barber Poles had an answer less than two minutes later on the power play, when Austen Keating banged home a rebound. The 67's would go on to score two quick goals in just over a minute. Jack Quinn was set-up by Mitch Hoelscher for the go-ahead goal at 12:32 of the first, and Hoelscher added another at 13:45, making it 3-1. The hosts would add one before the end of the opening frame, coming from the stick of Francesco Pinelli.
Jonathan Yantsis and Dovovan Sebrango of the Rangers scored the tying goal and the game winning goal, respectively, in the second period, and the final 20 minutes were scoreless, despite the fact that the 67's pushed hard for a goal that would level things up until the very last second.
This game ended the Barber Poles' three game road trip. Ottawa will be back home in front of their own fans inside The Arena at TD Place on Friday, October 11th, when they host the Mississauga Steelheads for Toonie Beer Night.
The 67's heavily outshot the opposition, with a final of 38-23
Jack Quinn and Mitch Hoelscher's three point games were the best of of their respective OHL careers
Jack Quinn has scored in three of his last five games, totaling four goals in that stretch
This was 67's forward Marco Rossi's fifth and final game of his suspension. He will be eligible to come back to the lineup for the next game
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from October 6, 2019
- Unbeaten Generals Snap Spirit Three-Game Winning Streak - Saginaw Spirit
- Sting Fall Short against the Storm - Sarnia Sting
- Generals Show Tenacity in Seventh Straight Win - Oshawa Generals
- Steelheads Win Back-To-Back - Mississauga Steelheads
- Bertuzzi & Roy's Heroics Lead Bulldogs To Dramatic Victory - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Hoelscher and Quinn Collect Three Points Each in 67's 4-3 Loss to Kitchener - Ottawa 67's
- Jacob Ingham Stops 35 in a Rangers Win over the 67s, 4-3 - Kitchener Rangers
- Game Preview: Generals Looking to Extend Season Opening Win Streak to 7 against Saginaw Spirit at 6:05pm - Oshawa Generals
- Preview: Western Conference-Leading Spirit Meet Eastern Conference-Leading Generals Sunday - Saginaw Spirit
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.