Hockey Night, Final Bark in the Park Highlight Penultimate Homestand
DURHAM, NC - The Durham Bulls host the Gwinnett Stripers for a three-day, five-game homestand at the DBAP from August 21 through August 23. Hockey Night with the Carolina Hurricanes, the season's last Bark in the Park and 2018's final $1 Concessions Night highlight the event schedule.
The teams open the three-day stanza with a doubleheader on Tuesday, August 21 at 6:05 p.m. with gates opening at 5:30 p.m. The night is presented by NC Clean Energy Technology Center, and will also feature a Career Fair which begins at 5:30 p.m.
On Wednesday, August 22, the Bulls and Stripers once again meet at 6:05 p.m. for a second consecutive doubleheader presented by Bronto, with gates opening at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday marks the final Bark in the Park of the 2018 season, as fans can bring their furry friends to the DBAP with human tickets costing $7.99 plus tax, and canine tickets costing $5 plus tax, with all proceeds benefiting Second Chance Pet Adoptions. Bark in the Park is presented by Cornwallis Rd. Animal Hospital and Creature Comforts Inn.
Both doubleheaders will consist of two seven-inning contests, and the Bulls will serve as the home team for Game One and the away team for Game Two. The teams are making up two contests which were rained out in Gwinnett earlier in the month.
The brief series against the Atlanta Braves' Triple-A affiliate comes to a close on Thursday, August 23 with Hockey Night in association with the Carolina Hurricanes. The team will wear specially-designed jerseys and hats, and the jerseys will be auctioned off with proceeds benefitting the Hurricanes' Kids 'N Community Foundation. Hurricanes mascot Stormy is scheduled to attend, and the Pepsi Storm Squad will also be in attendance along with the team's promotional items.
Additionally, Thursday's contest marks the final $1 Concessions night of 2018, as Bright Leaf hot dogs, Pepsi products and popcorn are just a buck all evening long.
Only seven home games remain in the 2018 Durham Bulls regular season. Single-game tickets, group outings and playoff packages are available now at durhambulls.com or by calling 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from August 20, 2018
- Former Wings Manager Doc Edwards Passes Away - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Saddened to Learn of Passing of Former Manager, Doc Edwards - Buffalo Bisons
- Chiefs Homestand Highlights - August 21st-27th - Syracuse Mets
- Vargas Named International League Batter of the Week - Rochester Red Wings
- Bryse Wilson Named International League Pitcher of the Week - Gwinnett Stripers
- International League Names Players of the Week - IL
- Hockey Night, Final Bark in the Park Highlight Penultimate Homestand - Durham Bulls
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.