Hillcats Announce New Labor Day Game Time
Lynchburg, Va. - The Lynchburg Hillcats have announced that Monday's Labor Day tilt against the Winston-Salem Dash, A-Adv. affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, will now be played at 12:30 p.m. The 2019 regular season finale was originally scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. before further consideration.
Gates will open to fans at 11:30 a.m. Labor Day will be Fan Appreciation Day at City Stadium, featuring various giveaways throughout the game (must be present to win).
The Hillcats have seven games remaining in 2019, all at home. The team plays the middle game of the three-game set against the Wilmington Blue Rocks on Tuesday. Lynchburg will hand the ball over to right-hander Cody Morris (2-0, 3.62), where he will be met by 'Rocks lefty Rito Lugo (3-3, 2.33). First pitch is slated for 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday is Kids Eat Free Tuesday. Other homestand highlights also include Winning Wednesday, featuring an appearance from Alone winner and Lynchburg native Jordan Jonas, Thirsty Thursday ($2 Miller Lite and Yuengling), Fantastic Friday, Sparkling Saturday, and Sandlot Sunday. Friday's game will be Margaritaville Night at City Stadium with a Jimmy Buffett cover band and an Aloha Jersey Auction as well as a sunglasses giveaway courtesy of High Peak Sportswear. Saturday's game will have the final fireworks show of the season at City Stadium.
For tickets or more information, visit lynchburg-hillcats.com, call 434-528-1144, or visit the City Stadium box office.
The Lynchburg Hillcats are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. The Hillcats are eight-time Carolina League Champions, having most recently won the Mills Cup Championship in 2017. The Hillcats play their home games at City Stadium, which has been home to Minor League Baseball in Lynchburg since 1963. Visit the Hillcats online at Lynchburg-hillcats.com, and follow the Hillcats on Twitter (@LynHillcats), Instagram (@LynHillcats) and Facebook (Lynchburg Hillcats). For more information about the Lynchburg Hillcats, please contact Max Gun at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Defensive Blunders Cost Potomac in 8-5 Loss - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans Snap Four-Game Skid with Win over Potomac - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Lynchburg Eliminated from Playoff Race with Loss to 'Rocks - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Thompson Homers Twice In Thumping Of Keys - Down East Wood Ducks
- Thompson Leads Wood Ducks over Keys - Frederick Keys
- Red Sox Drop Dash 5-1 - Salem Red Sox
- Dedelow Homers in 5-1 Loss on Tuesday - Winston-Salem Dash
- August 27 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- August 27 Transactions and Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: August 27 at Potomac - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Hillcats Announce New Labor Day Game Time - Lynchburg Hillcats
- LHP Manny Banuelos transferred to Triple-A Charlotte - Winston-Salem Dash
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (August 27 vs. Salem) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Ted DiBiase Headlines Wrestling Night - Frederick Keys
- Mudcats Come up Short in 4-3 Loss to Fayetteville - Carolina Mudcats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lynchburg Hillcats Stories
- All-Star Classic Highlights Hillcats' 2020 Schedule
- Alvarez Added to Arizona Fall League Roster
- Karinchak Makes MLB Debut, Becomes 182nd Hillcat to Make Majors
- Sulser Makes MLB Debut, Becomes 181st Hillcat to Make Majors
- Teaney Added to Arizona Fall League Roster