Heat Shutout Barons 4-0
ABBOTSFORD, BC "" The Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Barons 4-0 on Friday night in front of a capacity crowd of 7,046 at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre (AESC).
Danny Taylor was perfect in net, stopping all 23 shots to earn the Heat's second shutout in their last three contests.
The Heat opened the scoring on the power play at 18:50 of the first period on Dustin Sylvester's fourth goal of the season. Ben Street and T.J. Brodie assisted on the play.
Ben Street scored on the power play at 8:34 of the second period to give the Heat a 2-0 lead. The goal was assisted by Sven Baertschi and T.J. Brodie. The Heat scored again at 17:09 of the second period when a Barons defenseman attempted an outlet pass which ricocheted off a teammate and into his own net. Ben Walter was credited with his third goal of the season.
Krys Kolanos scored on the power play at at 11:23 of the third period. Ben Walter drew the lone assist on Kolanos' third goal of the season.
Danny Taylor earned his fourth win and first shutout of the season. The Heat outshot the Barons 36-23.
The Heat converted on three-of-nine power plays. The penalty kill was a perfect five-for-five, having now killed 44 of 45 (98%) penalties on the season.
Both clubs meet again tomorrow night at the AESC in the second of the two game series. Saturday at "Rock Your Red" night fans will have an opportunity to win a brand new Honda Fit, courtesy of the Honda Way in Abbotsford. Tomorrow's game is sold out, but tickets still remain for next week's games against the Lake Erie Monsters on Tuesday November 13th and Wednesday November 14th. Visit AbbotsfordHeat.com or call 1 877 452-HEAT (4328) for more information.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 10, 2012
- Rampage Home-Winning Streak Halted with 5-3 Loss to Toronto - San Antonio Rampage
- Crunch Win Streak Snapped by Rochester in 5-2 Loss - Syracuse Crunch
- Rockford Falls Flat against Milwaukee - Rockford IceHogs
- Another Shootout, Another Win for the Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Three-Goal Third Does in Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars Earn Point in Wild 5-4 Shootout Loss - Texas Stars
- Admirals Top IceHogs, Get First Winning Streak - Milwaukee Admirals
- Griffins Extend Win Streak to Five Games with 5-3 Victory at Peoria - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Toronto Downs San Antonio 5-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Phantoms Nipped at Albany 2-1 - Adirondack Phantoms
- B-Sens Return Home with a 4-2 Win over Norfolk - Binghamton Senators
- Monarchs Mo Down Bruins - Manchester Monarchs
- Penguins Fend off Pirates for Shootout Victory - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Hold Tough in Gritty Win - Albany Devils
- Whale earn a 6-2 win - Connecticut Whale
- Sharks Five Game Point Streak Halted in 6-2 Loss to Whale - Worcester Sharks
- IceCaps Sneak by Bears - Hershey Bears
- Admirals Can't Overcome Early Deficit in Binghamton - Norfolk Admirals
- Providence Falls to Manchester - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Deny Bears - St. John's IceCaps
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Hogs Look for 10 Straight against Admirals Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Reassign Austin Smith to Texas - Texas Stars
- Medical Update on Blake Geoffrion - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Heat Shutout Barons 4-0 - Abbotsford Heat
- Toronto Downs Texas 3-0 - Toronto Marlies
- Admirals Explode for Seven Goals in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.