Heat Assign McDonald to Kansas City
Stockton, Calif. - The Stockton Heat, proud AHL affiliate of the NHL's Calgary Flames, announced today that goaltender Mason McDonald has been assigned to Kansas City.
McDonald, 21, recorded his first AHL win stopping 25-shots in his season debut for the Heat on February 16 against San Jose. In four games for the Heat this season, McDonald went 3-1-0. In his second professional season, McDonald has appeared in 53 ECHL games, posting a 23-21-6 record to go along with five AHL games with a 3-1-1 record.
MASON MCDONALD (G)
BORN: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada DATE: April 23, 1996
HEIGHT: 6'4" WEIGHT: 201 lbs.
DRAFTED: CGY - 2nd round, 34th overall, in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft
HOW ACQUIRED: Signed an entry level contract with the Calgary Flames on 7/2/15
The Heat head to Winnipeg for a pair of games against the Manitoba Moose on Thursday and Saturday kicking off on AHL Live at 5:00 p.m. PST on both nights. Single game passes to watch the game are just $7.99!
The Heat return home to host the Cleveland Monsters for the final time this season on Wednesday, March 28 at 7:00 p.m. for another Wing It Wednesday. Fans can enjoy $.50 wings and $4 bottomless popcorn throughout the game, and tickets for the remaining two Wednesday games start at $5 through our Wing It Wednesday Pack.
Learn more about the four remaining home games through the regular season by visiting stocktonheat.com or by calling 209.373.1500 to learn more.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2018
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Vote for Greatest Condors Promotion Ever - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Announce Partnership with Limitless Escape Games - Stockton Heat
- Multi-Platinum Selling MercyMe's "The Imagine Nation Tour" To Visit the Adirondack Bank Center This Fall - Utica Comets
- Week 24 Report: Hot Hogs Hurtle Towards Playoff Spot - Rockford IceHogs
- Hurricanes Recall Zykov from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Assign McDonald to Kansas City - Stockton Heat
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Assign Goaltender Nick Schneider to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- T-Birds to Welcome Olympic Gold Medalist Kacey Bellamy on March 31 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flames Recall Rasmus Andersson - Stockton Heat
- Ontario's T.J. Hensick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Dallas Stars Recall Mike McKenna - Texas Stars
- F Steven Swavely Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Bailey from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Senators Recall Chlapik from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Concussion Talk Presented by Upstate Concussion Center March 24 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.