Ontario's T.J. Hensick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
March 19, 2018 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Ontario Reign forward T.J. Hensick has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Mar. 18, 2018.
Hensick tallied three goals - including two game-winners - and three assists for six points in three games to help the Reign to three consecutive one-goal victories, all in come-from-behind fashion.
On Wednesday night, Hensick capped a two-goal performance with the decisive goal in overtime to lift Ontario to a 3-2 win over visiting Cleveland. On Saturday, he set up the tying goal and scored the game-winner as the Reign defeated Milwaukee, 3-2. And on Sunday, Hensick tallied two more assists as Ontario came back to defeat San Jose in overtime, 5-4, maintaining possession of second place in the Pacific Division race.
An 11th-year pro from Howell, Mich., Hensick has recorded 11 goals and 25 assists for 36 points in 50 games for Ontario this season. The four-time AHL All-Star Classic participant and 2011-12 Second Team AHL All-Star has appeared in 620 career AHL games over his career, totaling 166 goals and 393 assists for 559 points. Drafted by the Colorado Avalanche in 2005, Hensick has also skated in 112 National Hockey League contests, recording 12 goals and 26 assists for 38 points.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Hensick will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Reign home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 19, 2018
- San Antonio Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Vote for Greatest Condors Promotion Ever - Bakersfield Condors
- Heat Announce Partnership with Limitless Escape Games - Stockton Heat
- Multi-Platinum Selling MercyMe's "The Imagine Nation Tour" To Visit the Adirondack Bank Center This Fall - Utica Comets
- Week 24 Report: Hot Hogs Hurtle Towards Playoff Spot - Rockford IceHogs
- Hurricanes Recall Zykov from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspensions - AHL
- Weekly Wrap-Up - Toronto Marlies
- Wolves Roundup - Chicago Wolves
- Heat Assign McDonald to Kansas City - Stockton Heat
- Manitoba Moose Weekly - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Assign Goaltender Nick Schneider to Stockton - Stockton Heat
- T-Birds to Welcome Olympic Gold Medalist Kacey Bellamy on March 31 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Flames Recall Rasmus Andersson - Stockton Heat
- Ontario's T.J. Hensick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Dallas Stars Recall Mike McKenna - Texas Stars
- F Steven Swavely Returned to Reading - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sabres Recall Bailey from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Senators Recall Chlapik from Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Host Concussion Talk Presented by Upstate Concussion Center March 24 - Syracuse Crunch
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.